The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Warrenton Dock C-Brat gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks Larry - sounds like I will be able to find it, although I am severely directionally challenged (I have to stand on my head to go south using the GPS chartplotter, this is not a joke). Next question, if I come down Friday night with a tent and a sleeping bag, wil there be some place to crash? Would like to mooch a ride with somebody for the fishing trip...will leave the durn dog home if I come for fishing...

Helen O wrote:
Pat

I don't know the exit number, I only know it as the Longview/Carrolls exit. It'll be about the 3rd Longview exit as you're coming from the north on I-5. From the Longview/Carrolls exit head towards Longview. Take the 3rd St. exit then take a left onto 3rd St which will make a bend and become Industrial Way. Stay in the left hand lane. Industrial Way will take you right up to the approach to the the Longview/Ranier Bridge.

Quote:
will I have to eat anything blindfolded????)

Chuck, I suppose we could put a blindfold on one of Mike's Razor Clams, though I'm not sure where their little eyeballs are. Mr. Green Looking forward to meeting you there.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so much for the H.I. Express... booked up... gonna keep looking or go to plan b.....(what ever that is )

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
Next question, if I come down Friday night with a tent and a sleeping bag, wil there be some place to crash? Would like to mooch a ride with somebody for the fishing trip...will leave the durn dog home if I come for fishing...

Thanks a lot, Pat. Now I have to go mow the stupid lawn! Tiffany says you can pitch your tent here only if you bring the durn dog. And there should be no shortage of boat seats open for fishing. Your best bet would be to stowaway on the Raven. He's the local semi-pro, and he always gets fish. Roger ain't that damn big, so there will be room for one more on the TyBoo, too.

Actually, we would love to let you in the house, along with anyone else who needed, but the house is pretty full up these days.

Now then, J&L, and anyone else, you would also be welcome to camp out! Yeah, no kidding! Or, I just called the Shilo Inn, which can't be more than a mile from the mooring basin, and they have vacancies for the weekend. The lady said if the reservations are made tonight, she will give a special rate. Of course, that rate is still 95 bucks, but it beats what they normally charge. The number is (503) 861-2181. If it were me, I think it would be best to stay in the back yard here and watch Pat try to get out of the tent when the herd of elk rumbles through.

Of course, you always have the option of sleeping with Roger on the TyBoo.

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when the herd of elk rumbles through.

Us East Coasters would probably rather take our chances with the elk. Shocked Shocked If you guys can stay there for two weeks or so, I'll head west.... Teeth

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
TyBoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captains Choice wrote:
If you guys can stay there for two weeks or so, I'll head west.... Teeth Charlie

My great granddad bought the back yard in 1915, so there's a pretty good chance at least some of us will still be here! See you sometime around the end of the month!?!

The elk only come visit once in a while. The deer show up every day, though. You gotta be nice to the deer. The kids named 'em!
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant at the dock Mike.... Very Happy I can see you guys anytime I come out, if I can ever make it....El and Bill have to be caught at a certain moment Smile . Tell Bambi that I'll be out sooner or later after my new knee is back in battery. You guys have a good time, we'll be thinking of all of you...

Charlie
jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for calling the Shilo ,Mike!! We are in at $ 95.00. Appreciate the help... See ya 'll!!!
Wheeler Dealer

City/Region: Wheeler, OR
Photos: Denebola
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's going to be a good time this weekend. The lovely Terrie and won't be able to make down. We just opened our restaurant 3 weeks ago and are currently working 25 hrs. a day, six days a week.

Tip a cold one for us Beer . Jon

TyBoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Roger - The boat is cleaned up (kinda), the shore power is plugged in, the water heater is on, and the fridge is on and stocked with smoked sturgeon, beer, and a couple flavors of Oregon wine for Lisbeth to share with El. Also, the breakfast pastries are on the table. About all I have to do now is take the fancy rug down there and throw it back on the floor. See ya soon.
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger and Lisbeth,

You are lucky folks. That's better treatment than the durn dogs get. Maybe I'm coming up and staying on the wrong boat. Oh well.

See you on the dock,

Tim

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
I don't really know, CM.  All of the many times I have made the trip to see you, the sheer joy of being in your company has made the distance insignificant.

But of course. What's a bunch of miles when we're talkin' pals?
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Austin, Oscar and I am leaving Fall City at oh-dark-thirty tomorrow. Oscar will have crate! I will have fishing rod! And beer!
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ain't gonna believe it. I mean, who would of thunk it?? The beer guy hasn't made it yet, but the wine guy did. Amazing how we do these things. Also had a surprise showing of a few folks we didn't expect. Very nice surprise. The wind is blowing, and the rain is falling sideways, but nobody even cares (may be due in part to the wine guy, I'm not sure). Anyhow, we might go fishing in the morning. Might not. Who cares. What a great bunch of people.

More some other time........
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat - I know you'll check this before you leave, so here's some more helpful hints.

When you come into Astoria on Hwy. 30, just keep on going through town - two-way, then one-way for a while, then back to two-way - and stay on the same road. When you go past and under the bridge across the Columbia (it's a big sucker - you'll see it coming), you are getting close to the bridge to my house. When you get to the roundabout (hey - that's what they call the ridiculous thing), it will put you right on the Youngs Bay bridge. Go across it, and turn right at the first light, which is just off the end of the bridge. Follow that road (Harbor Drive) for a little over a mile until you see a small bridge coming up. Just before you go onto that bridge, there is a small road to the left. Turn left on it and you will circle down past the Tackle Time bait shop, go under that same small bridge you didn't go over, and be in the parking lot for the marina. Then find a place to park on the far side of it, and walk down the first ramp you see to the docks. You'll see all the CDs, plus a few folks you know very well but probably weren't expecting to see.

If we do go out fishing, the TyBoo at least won't be leaving the dock until 10:00 am. So, you're welcome to go along, and will also be welcome on the Helen O, I'm sure.

Any problems anywhere along the way, call me on my cell phone. If I don't answer, which is typical, call El or Bill or Roger or Lisbeth or Tim or Larry or Jon or Cynthia or Fred or Robbin. Oops - I gave away the surprise, didn't I?

We probably won't bother going out to the ocean. Predicted combined seas of 15' at 9 seconds. If you really want to go outside, maybe we can get you a ride on the bar pilot boat.

I understand you'll be staying in some friends' camper, and that's probably a good idea because you might not weigh enough to hold a tent down. If Austin wants to stay at our house with his durn dog, we would enjoy that.

See ya later, my friend.
Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: WOW! Reply with quote

WOW! Now that was a great get together. Bill and El, I sure enjoyed meeting you both. I hope you will stay in touch one way or another. I really enjoy reading about your adventures and now I can say I enjoyed meeting you both even more so.
Great food, freat refreshments great time!
I enjoyed meeting some that I had not met before and seeing those that I had seen at prior functions. Jesse had a great time too.
Looking forward to the next one..

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: