The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

01/14/05-01/16/05 - Seattle Boat Show and C-Brat Convention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
primative

City/Region: Portland
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Primative
Photos: Primative
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, sorry to hear that... hope he's doing OK.

Roberta, sent you a message regarding carpooling with phone numbers and more contact info for me than you'll ever need!

Jim and Laurie,
Thanks for your offer. Tom & I are thinking we could be at the hotel Saturday 10am at best and I fear we'll slow you down if you're planning to leave early for the boat show. I'll send you our contact info, just in case.
- Rene

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Yet another newbee wannabee Reply with quote

Well, Doug (or anybody else interested), look me up before you buy your rode and chain - we just got a new windlass and had to go one size down on rode and chain, so I have 300 feet of 5/8" rode with 20' of 1/2" chain available, it will be in the back of our Expedition. Don't recall exactly what we paid, but it was a couple hundred - I am thinking a C-Note can take this home with you...

Overload wrote:
[snip] probably leaving the SBS with a lighter wallet. No C-D yet, but the planned delivery date for a 22 will be April of 06. Lots of time to get pages of advice on how to spend more $$$$!

Plan to be at both gatherings, have my lodging on the back of my truck so will see ya on Friday and/or Saturday.

Doug (from on the other side of the hill) Leavenworth, WA-n-Hope, Alaska

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are folks still getting together Friday night? I was thinking of coming down for a few hours.

Fred
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on spending most of the day today at the show with my brother in tow. We will be there when it opens, stay until traffic clears out a bit, and then I am going to the hotel. Will meet up with C-Brats who may be hanging around.

Rene, got your e-mail. Plan on seeing you am Sat. at the hotel.

Robbi- how do I keep from spending money, or is that the point? My line will be, "How much did you pay for our new dog???!!!" Dog
(worth every penny)

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred,

We're leaving about noon and plan on hanging out and visiting tonight with who ever may be around. There was mention of renting the conference room and all chipping in which sounded like a good idea as well as deal. I'm sure there would also be a lobby full if nothing else or stop by for a cold one.

Tim

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you all are having a great time this evening!

I will be going solo, and leaving early in the morning. Plan is to get to the motel, sign up, and be ready to catch a ride to the big city with Brock by 11:00 am.

I didn't call ahead for a ticket at Will Call, so if someone can snatch one away from big Roger for me and leave it at the motel desk, that would be cool. If not, no problem. I would even pay to go to this show!!

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what - this hotel has complimentary high speed internet and I have my laptop! We missed you, Fred - we did get together last night, we all chipped in for the "hospitality suite" for the evening, pizzas, chips, some smoked fish and crackers, wine and of course beer. Most importantly, great company! For C-Dory folk it seems true in spades to say "Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet." A MOST enjoyable evening!

Anita Marie wrote:
Are folks still getting together Friday night? I was thinking of coming down for a few hours.

Fred

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I imagine you are just pulling out? I will mention to Roger to give a ticket to Brock for you if he hasn't already done that. Like they say in the ad, "We'll leave the lights on for you!"

TyBoo wrote:
I hope you all are having a great time this evening!

I will be going solo, and leaving early in the morning. Plan is to get to the motel, sign up, and be ready to catch a ride to the big city with Brock by 11:00 am.

I didn't call ahead for a ticket at Will Call, so if someone can snatch one away from big Roger for me and leave it at the motel desk, that would be cool. If not, no problem. I would even pay to go to this show!!
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REPORT FROM THE SBS / CBC

Simply the greatest! The Friday night gathering at the Hawthorne was great, many thanks to Roger for all he did. The boat show on Saturday was, well, the Boat Show. The Saturday night soiree at the new C-Dory factory was, in a word, a lovefest - a company that loves its customers, and customers who love their company right back! What a shindig! Hats of to Jeff Messmer, Scot Reynolds, and the entire C-Dory crew, who gave us a truly memorable evening, with wonderful food, great door prizes, a tour of their new digs, and most of all, a chance for us all to meet face to face and either renew old acquaintances or make new friends!!!

Big news, for us anyway - there will now be three, count 'em three - 2003 22' Cruisers for sale, because three families sat down with Scot and Jeff and bought brand new 25s! David and Kate on Anna Leigh, Jim and Laurie on Laurna Jo and Pat and Patty (your obliging correspondent) on Daydream will be taking delivery in late March or early April! Here are links to the respective albums:

Click here for

Anna Leigh
Laurna Jo
Daydream

We will all be posting details about our respective boats in due course, but check out the albums to see this wealth of well-loved 22' Cruisers! Each of these boats is a complete package, with electronics and owner customizations, ready to hit the water for some great cruising!

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C wrote:
well, it looks like I won't have as much time at the boat show as I'd hoped. Durn kid thought it would be cool to go skiing and screw up his hip. He should get out of the hospital tomorrow and be all better before to long. M might let me sneak up to the show Sat & Sunday for a bit but I'll have to wear that damn shock collar again

Ouch! I hate it when that happens. Wasn't it abou tthis time last year or the year before that he decded to get hurt?
Maybe you should drag him to the show next year and keep him safe.
As for the shock collar they can be used for pain or pleasure... I'll let you experiment and get back to us.

I wonder if Catman saw the posting of those 3 beautiful ready to go 22' Cruisers in this thread....

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now I'm jealous; you folks in the NW get all the breaks. You're out carousing at the factory, and we're shoving wood in the stove as fast as we can at -33F! I don't even dare go down to the MOOSE barn and climb aboard for fear of cracking the fiberglass. God's country - harumph!
Al
Jeff and Julie

City/Region: Juneau, AK
Vessel Name: Atka
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the crews of the Anna Leigh, Laurna Jo and Daydream! Jeff saw the 25' and fell in love with it also! I think I finally have him convinced that the way to go is start out with a used 22' and then move up to a 25' a few years later. Now, several of you need to be doing this same upgrade when we get ready to buy! Very Happy
First things first, we will be securing a tow vehicle hopefully within the next 6 months.
We did manage to get a good deal at the show on an HO tube to pull our kids with this summer. We will certainly be enjoying our little boat while we dream about our C-Dory!!

Julie
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo, What a time! There is not a nicer group of folks on this planet than the Brat Group. Period.

Thanks to Roger for all that he did to make the weekend great. You put together a dang good party. Thanks to the Beer guys. ( you are going to have to start bottling in 25oz bottles!)

Jeff, Please share with all at C-Dory: Thanks for all that you did for us this weekend. I know that with the move and the boat show, you had little time to put together the dinner Saturday night. But you put in the extra time and effort and we all are grateful. It was a special night that we will remember fondly for many years. THANKS TO ALL.
Robbi
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to Roger and everyone at the C-Dory plant. What a remarkable weekend! So nice visiting with everyone. We had a great time Very Happy

Ruth & Joe
(R-Matey)
Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fun time I had. Roger, great job putting this thing together. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Scott, Jeff and all of the C-Dory staff, you guys and gals are a class act and so are your boats.

Hey, remember the movie "Field of Dreams"? I think the C-Dory Factory is on to something.........

"IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!"

Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: