The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Onboard CR-25 for the first time...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Dog

City/Region: Ridgefield
State or Province: WA
Photos: Mood Magic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me put my two cents worth in on the subject of launching. That was an early concern of mine despite the fact that John Livingston makes it look very easy during demo's.

It turns out to be pretty easy although I have been fussy about the launch ramps - meaning wanting a decent floating dock next to the ramp. It pops right off the trailer and the one time I launched without someone holding onto a line, tying the line to the dock worked just fine. Except for that once, there has always been someone standing around who was willing to hold a line.

Again, all but once when I just floated it in place having put the trailer in a little deeper than usual, I've driven the boat onto the trailer and stepped off onto the dock, stepped into the truck bed and hooked up - no real help needed as long as you can get on and off the boat / truck / trailer. I'm adverse to wading thus the desire for a floating dock.

I did find the first couple of times that I found it difficult to judge when I was on the trailer far enough. Mounted a flag holder on the trailer to insert this wood guide that extends out. When the anchor hits a hinged piece on the wood guide, I'm close enough to attach the safety chain if I want to stop there. Prefer stopping just short of hittling the trailer with the bow of the boat. Works for me.

Ranger Jeff
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

City/Region: Kent
Photos: Ranger Factory Album
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Hull one Reply with quote

Hello Active Captain,

I am currently traveling on the East Coast and just now had a chance to get behind a computer. I have been visiting several of our dealers and am actually currently in your neck of the woods. (Wells Maine) There are a couple of things that I wanted to clarify in regards to hull number 1.

The finish on hull number one is indeed paint. We originally introduced the R25 at the Seattle Boat Show as a hull only, without the deck on. We had a blue hull in one display and a white hull in the other. The overwhelming response was in favor of the blue hull. We had the white hull painted blue after the show. This is hull number one. The typical finish is a gelcoat finish.

The gray water on hull number one may indeed go into the holding tank. Inland Lakes in New Hampshire do not allow the discharge of Gray water. We plumb it from the factory to go directly overboard. The dealer may have changed this.

The thrusters now have a dedicated battery.

Hull number one will give you a general idea of the R25, however we have made many little changes to improve the boat. That is always the case with a new model. Feel free to call me on my cell phone with any addtional questions.

Thank you,

Ranger Jeff

25802 Pacific Highway South
Kent, WA 98032
Office 253 839 5213
Cell 206 940 0571
e-mail jeffmessmer@rangertugs.com
ActiveCaptain

City/Region: Key Largo
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Jeff. It's excellent that someone from the manufacturer can give direct responses. Thanks for the info.

What about the injectors and sound level? Does the engine have to be removed to get at that one injector beneath the door? Also, you most certainly have done sound dB tests. What do you get at different RPM's?

Any chance of a Maine dealer in the future?

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff...Messmer: Over here on the east side again? Glad to have you over.

Jeffery/AC: Yes, you will find Jeff a true hands on enjoyable asset to the Tug line of boats. He is available, friendly, and listens. I did have a nice opportunity to run "a" hull, I think aournd hull number 4-10 somewhere...in the Apalachicola Bay area. Several of us were on board, and conversations were going on while underway, with the door open. That boat, on that day, in those waters with which ever motor was in that hull, seem to be real happy and "gravitate" to about 9-10 knots, and coversation with those on board was no problem at all. The fore/aft thruster on this vessel simply makes it a joy to back down into a slip, no mater the wind/current conditions. The wind was blowning about 8-10 knots, not bad at all...but enough to make you pay a bit of attention. The tide was going out...in oppisite direction of the winds.

No idea on your injector questions... possibly one of the other dealers could help with Jeff on the road.

Byrdman

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new YAMAHA, does it have keel cooling available and thus no raw water pass thru.

Is this practicle with this hull design?

CBRAT #208
2005 CD25 #075 SEA ANGEL (SOLD)
USCGAUX (RET), USN(RET)
Broadcast TV ENG(RET)
ka1rx@verizon.net
Ranger Jeff
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The R25 is definitely pleasant to run at 2,900 to 3,000 RPM's with the 110 HP motor. I have the DB ratings back at the office. You can certainly have a normal conversation while at cruise speed. I have a call into John Livingston regarding the access to the injector. I will follow up on the answer to this question.

The Yanmar engine has a raw water thru hull pick up in the bottom of the boat. It does not have keel cooling for the engine.

We are talking to a dealer in the Bar Harbor area. It is possible that this will come together in the next few months. We do have a new dealer in Newburyport MA. (Rhumbline Yacht Sales) Their first 25 will arrive in the next few weeks.

Good to hear from you Byrdman!

Ranger Jeff
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger Jeff,
Does the fuel tank and the water tank set athwart ship across the stringers or are they just on the starboard side? Would love to see pictures of the layout before the deck or cabin is installed. Could the factory display a little of that kind of info on their web site?
I filled the water tank yesterday and it sure helped equal out the ballast.
Captd

2007 25 R Ranger (Mis Dee) sold 2008
2009 25 R Ranger (Lucky Fin) sold
1994 22 ft C-Dory ( Kon Tiki )
Ranger Jeff
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Tanks Reply with quote

Hello Captd,

The water, fuel and holding tank are all located down the centerline of the boat between the stringers. I suspect that the ballast difference that you noticed was due to the hot water tank filling up. It is located on the starboard side. I will post some photos in the coming weeks in the factory album.

Thanks,

Ranger Jeff
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jeff, That explains the little better ballast. I need to figure out a little more to the starboard. Than I can turn the cave into storage. CaptD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: