The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/20 - 07/22 - Bellingham, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Q

City/Region: Rochester, Wa
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-ya
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth and Joe
We are not going to miss this one like we did last year!
Thanks for making this happen!
Cathy would speak to me very sternly if I don't sign up.
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Bellingham CBGT Reply with quote

Many thanks to everyone who has responded to the B'Ham CBGt. We're looking forward to this event. Sometime in June I'll privately email everyone with the new 'codes' for the gates and restrooms.

Ruth and Joe
R-Matey
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to make this CBGT by boat again. If any one would like to do it with me, please let me know. I know it is a long way off and things can change, however I have charted a course with point times and posted them on a web site I play with.

This is a preliminary chart, depending on who may want to make the trip with me. There is no start time or arrival time, just the amount of time between points and the amount of time for the entire trip. These times are based on no stops, however I anticipate fuel and rest stops, so the times will be adjusted when I know who is going with me.

The times for different points are so if someone wants to join us along the way, they will have an idea when we will be arriving at that location. The chart is too large to post on this site, so if you go to view it, click on the link below and give it time to load.

The chart has hot spots on it, so scroll to the bottom and start at Olympia with your mouse pointer. As you trace the route, there will be popup windows for the different locations. There are also other hot spots for tides, currents and sunrise/sunset with nautical twilight times. As we get closer to the date of the gathering, I will add the weather and wind speed with direction for the different locations, based on the times we should be arriving at that location.

A couple of other things about my site. Before you comment about the blank pages, incomplete pages, or the application form not being what you thought it should be, read the statement on my HOME page.

The Bellingham CBGT page is HERE. When you get there click on the “Olympia to Bellingham Cruise Map”.

Don't miss this CBGT because it will be one of the best and may set a new record for the number of members.

________
Dave
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave. I only have one suggestion. The tide sharts that you use along the trip are not always the best ones to us. for example, the tide at everret, that you have listed, is not a very good one to us for the route you are taking. Our route takes you along the west side of that part of the sound and the tide dchart if for the east side. if you look this can be up to a hour differance. Sand point or columbia beach would be better tides to use. Same goes for seattle. that tide marker is well with in the bay. A better choice would be west point. the tide does not move down the sound at a even rate and really will start on one side of the sound long before the other. just a suggestion.
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your website. Hope I can catchup with you as you go past Sandy Point on the way to Bellingham. I look forward to seeing your upgrades posted. Again, Well Done, Dave.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom - thank you for the suggestions. The reason I used those particular charts is because they were the only ones I could find. Now I didn’t look very hard so there may be some out there. The ones I did find for the areas you mentioned were just numbers, no graphics and it is easier for people to visualize the changes in tide and current when they are looking at a graphic, instead of just numbers. If I can’t find some graphic charts, I will have to make my own. I have plenty of time before the event.

Marty – thank you for the complement on the web site, it gives me something to do when I get tired of work. Once we get closer to the event and know whom all is going by boat, it would be nice to have as many as posiable meet along the way and have a convey of C-Dorys pulling into the bay and marina together.
________
Dave
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you follow this link
http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/sites_uswest.html

you will have a linst of tide sites. Now when you first open a site it will give just numbers but, if you scroll down wyou will find abar that sayes. make " predition using options" Now look for "graphic Plot" and check it. You can also select the dates and times that you want. Now you will have a chart for any tided station in the U.S. Hope that Helps.
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom – thank you. They will work great. I added the site to my favorites.
________
Dave
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, it is a long ways away but I think the ride would be great. I will be watching and trying to plan on making the trip with you.

Lloyd
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Great site ! May I ask where you get the bathymetric chart ?

Bellingham was a great trip last year and it's on our calender for this year so maybe we will try and join you as you come up Saratoga.

Merv & Kathy
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd – it would be great if you can make it. Lets hope things work out better than the Seattle Ship Canal Cruise. The difficult part will be trying to coordinate with those joining us.

Grumpy – it would be a pleasure to have you join us and I hope our trip up there is at a time that you are able to join us. The site I got the tide tables for my site is HERE. The site Tom linked to HERE is a much better site. It has more locations, but you have to select the display options.

All - I will update my site with better tide charts (thanks to tom of starcrafttom) and other information that may be pertinent. As we get closer to the date of the gathering, I will attempt to develop a schedule for the trip.
________
Dave
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are planning a NW cruise later this summer. Is there a post of all the Brat gatherings this year?

We might go early enough for this gathering but I am wondering if there is another one in August or Sept.

Thanks,
Steve
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve – they usually don’t post a schedule of the events until someone decides to host it. I know there will be get to-gathers before and after the Bellingham event. Not sure if there will be anything in August but there has been one in late September for several years in Sequim. Anybody can schedule a CBGT any-time any-where. Chances are someone will go to it.
_________
Dave
sportner

City/Region: Buckeye
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Model: 26 Osprey
Vessel Name: Glory Days
Photos: Traveler
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe and Ruth,
What a pleasure to meet and visit with you both at SBS gathering. Toni and I are 95% sure we will be there for that weekend and the following two weeks in the Gulf Islands. It also looks like we will be able to make the Lopez gathering and the following week in the San Juans if Lopez starts May 4 or 5. The excitement begins....

R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Bellingham (Squalicum) in July Reply with quote

Russ & Toni,

Hope you'll be able to make the B'Ham CBGT. One of the added treats is the Pacific Marine store that's less than a mile away. This store holds all kinds of marine treasures (new and used). Not to mention LFS and Redden Marine that are nearby.

Also a courtesy shuttle is available (July & August during business hours) through the harbor office if you want to go to the store or perhaps downtown Fairhaven.

The cost of one launch and one retrieve at Bellingham's Squalicum Harbor is $5.00. This includes up to five days of parking in the main paved lot.

If you plan on being gone longer than five days, then there's parking for the tow rig & trailer in one of the graveled parking lots. A permit will be issued by the Harbor Office (no charge for the extended parking time).

Squalicum Visitors Moorage is $.50 per foot per day, 3 day limit. $12.00 minimum, includes power and water. Sewage pumpout also available.

Bellingham is a really nice town. Great marina facilities.

Ruth and Joe
R-Matey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: