The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/14 - 07/16 - Bellingham, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: bellingham Reply with quote

Count C-Cakes in. We had such a good time at Lopez we couldn't miss this one.
Is there a pot luck associated or is this a "let somebody else do the cooking" event??

Barry and Patti

Patriot

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had hoped to have our C-Ranger 25 in time for the Bellighan get together, but they are running a bit late and it probably won't be ready until August. Maybe next year.

Art and Diane
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art and Diane,

You don't have to have a boat to come and take part. There were a couple of people at Lopez that were boat-less.

Come on up and mingle, wander through some boats, have a sun-downer.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe And Ruth ,
Thanks for all your hard work on this gathering. we are really looking forward to it. Bellingham is new to us .
I am going to e-mail, Clyde Ford, the author that has his Willard there and see if he might join us for a bit, meet some of the C-Brat family ,and who knows we might show up in one of his books.

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimandlaurie wrote:
Joe And Ruth ,
Thanks for all your hard work on this gathering. we are really looking forward to it. Bellingham is new to us .
I am going to e-mail, Clyde Ford, the author that has his Willard there and see if he might join us for a bit, meet some of the C-Brat family ,and who knows we might show up in one of his books.

To: Jim & Laurie,

Thank you for the kind words. As much as we've used Squalicum Harbor to launch, we've never had the experience of having a group there. We've been going down there at least once a week to check things out and get ideas.

To: Patty & Barry (C-Cakes),

As far as I can figure out, we should have ample room on the dock for the
Saturday evening pot luck. Usually have nice weather the middle of July.

To our boatless visitors, we have the Hotel Bellwether located within walking distance of U Dock. Their "Executive Rooms" start at $129-$275. Premier Suites are $159-$299, etc. That phone number is 360-392-3100 or 1-877-411-1200.
They are also on the web at www.hotelbellwether.com or you can
email them at reservations@hotelbellwether.com

Hotel Bellwether also has their own dock which can be used if you've registered for a room with them, but they will also charge you $1.40 a foot per night. Whereas, the Port of Bellingham only charges us 50 cents per foot per night if we are using their docks.

To anyone interested in looking at boat 'stuff', we will be within walking distance of Redden Marine and LFS Marine. Then there's a place that's probably a mile or more away that's called Pacific Marine. If there's some special piece of something that you need, you might find it at Pacific Marine. Lots of 'stuff' that's been salvaged, etc. Has one of those dark looking downstairs where there's windows, doors, propellors, you name it.We have spent a lot of time poking around in this place. Outside there's a whole yard of different sized radar arches and just more 'stuff'.

Looking forward to seeing all of you again. I should have more information as we get closer to July 14th.

Ruth (and Joe, too)
R-Matey
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
C-Dory Year: 1991
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a scan of the Squalicum Harbor brochure.

A C-Brat since Nov 1, 2003
Ranger Tug 27 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2017 - 2022
Puget Trawler 37 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2006-2017
1991 22' Cruiser, 'Nancy H'--1991-2006
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth (and Joe, too) wrote:
We've been going down there at least once a week to check things out and get ideas.

What a nice couple of folks, huh?

Have you ever noticed that Ruth and Joe always have something nice to say in every post? Joe is a retired millwright - I'm just hoping that I can develop a personality closer to his by the time I retire. Nice people.

Happy Mother's Day, Ruth!!

Mike
R-Matey

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Kay & girls,
We're looking forward to seeing you up here in July.
We think you're going to really enjoy the fireworks display at Oak
Harbor. We've heard that it's a really nice one.
Thanks for the Mother's Day greeting and the compliments.

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
[/b]
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be a first for everything, so this will be my first CBGT other than the C-Dory event after the Seattle Boat Show. It will be two records for me. My first CBGT and the most days off consecutively since around 1975. I plan on leaving Olympia, Thursday morning and spending that night in Langley. Will leave Langley Friday Morning and arrive in Bellingham that afternoon. Hope to meet a lot of Brats that I have only communicated with, through this median.

Lets break Lopez’s record.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would have a way to go to do that...Lopez ended up at 33, and only 18 are signed up for B'ham...but hey, there are still a couple of months to go for sign ups!

oldgrowth wrote:

Lets break Lopez’s record.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth & Joe,
Do we need to make individual reservations at the Marina or is there a block at the dock for us C-Brats? BTW, it was good seeing you two at Twin Bridges last weekend Smile
Peter

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
R-Matey

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c-dancer wrote:
Ruth & Joe,
Do we need to make individual reservations at the Marina or is there a block at the dock for us C-Brats? BTW, it was good seeing you two at Twin Bridges last weekend Smile
Peter

Hi Peter, Good seeing you, too. It was quite a weekend we had what with visiting C-Lou and DaNag. Jon's a good cook! Had a wonderful time seeing the progress that's been made since we were there a couple of months ago, plus we met PeeWee. Very nice! Then we found Nancy H at Cornet Bay (Larry, Nancy & their friend Ken). They most graciously shared oysters, ham, crackers & cheese with two very hungry people. Then you at Twin Bridges. Wow! Life is great!

Anyway, Port of Bellingham says that you will not have to make individual reservations. We have done that by reserving dock space for the C-Brats the 14 & 15 July. We'll obtain the envelopes for the fees associated with the moorage costs and pass them out as the C-Dorys arrive at the dock. At this time we are scheduled for U Dock (Gate 12) but it's quite possible that some C-Dorys might end up at Gate 9 which is in another area. Rafting up is an option if we run out of room and don't want to waving to each other from another guest dock. I will have more information on this as we get closer to the July date.

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Ruth and Joe, any new news on the Bellingham Brat Bash? Looking forward to seeing you and all the gang.
Cat
R-Matey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Visitors P Dock & Gate 9 Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
Hey, Ruth and Joe, any new news on the Bellingham Brat Bash? Looking forward to seeing you and all the gang.
Cat

Hey Brock, Good to hear from you. We're looking forward to seeing you and all the other C-Brats, too.

We just made a visit down to the Harbor Masters office and here's an update on the C-Brat bash for July 14-16

(1) There's been a change as to which pier we will be using. We will now be using the Visitors P Dock which is over 500 feet long. Rafting is allowed if we run out of dock space.

Note: The Harbor Masters office informed us that there's two (2) P Docks. Do not use the first one that's available as you enter the east entrance. Continue straight past the visitors U Dock and directly ahead will be the Visitors P Dock that we've been assigned.

This P Dock will be posted with notices from the Harbor Masters office that this pier is reserved for our C-Dory group.

If you haven't already received a map from me showing the Port of Bellingham, please refer to the one that Larry (Nancy H) posted here earlier.

(2) Entrance from the parking lot will now be through Gate 9 which is locked. I will PM everybody that's signed up and give you the code numbers to get in through that gate; also the code numbers to use the showers & restrooms. There's a laundry room somewhere, too.

For those of you that haven't signed up or don't know yet if you plan to attend (with or without a boat) please PM me and I will give you the code so that you can join us.

Speaking of "joining us", we stopped at the Marine Life Tank located not far from Gate 9. Sandra is the head of operations there. She has a 22 CD which she uses to obtain her sea specimens. Told her about the mid July C-Dory adventure and invited her to come over and meet everyone. I am going to put invites out to the other two C-Dorys that are docked in the Gate 9 area.

(3) If you plan to launch your boat at Squalicum Harbor, you'll find the Visitors P Dock just a short distance from the boat launch. Still $5.00 to launch and you can park you vehicle and trailer for up to three days at no additional charge.

(5) Phone number for the Harbor Master (Bellingham) is 360-676-2542.

(6) Port of Bellingham (Squalicum Harbor) monitors Channel 16.

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Visitors P Dock & Gate 9 Reply with quote

R-Matey wrote:
We will now be using the Visitors P Dock which is over 500 feet long. Rafting is allowed if we run out of dock space.
R-Matey

Hi Joe and Ruth,
Thank you for all of the work you've done on this gathering. Last week, (much to my delight) I discovered that my schedule would allow our presence to this gathering. We are looking forward to it!

After viewing the sign up list (as of today) and a few quick calculations I came up with 424 feet of vessels (not including engines and figure heads adorning their bows). Also, don't know which vessel Les will bring. This should certainly be a "hoot".....I'm getting excited!

Unless, I missed it......is shorepower available on the dock?

Thank you!

C-Brat #16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: