State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Chimo
Photos: Chimo
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/boa/5035453994.html

I always though a carver santa cruz ( one of the only boats they built that were not ugly) would be a great small cruiser.

We had a 28 Carver Mariner. The Mariner did not have the lower helm, that was the Voyager, otherwise the boats were very similar. Twin 305s. It was the best use of space on a 28 I have ever seen. The settee worked great for our son. It was a double. Some times his buddy would come along and use the table, also a double. We had a double up front with our own sink. The head/shower was great. A decent galley though you lost some of that with the lower helm version. Not much cockpit space, rather CD sized but 4 could easily sit up top. The helm bench flicked back and there was a table between the seats. Ours was an 88. A bit long in the tooth now but I believe it is still going strong. The hull is virtually indestructible. I saw one for sale in Maple Bay on Vancouver Island recently. The broker told me it was in great condition. Asking about 25k but probably go for 20. At that price I was tempted. I could even repower and have change to upgrade all the systems that needed it.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chimoii said:

Quote:
" I saw one for sale in Maple Bay on Vancouver Island recently."

I saw that boat when I was up there a month ago. Had some age, but they are built like a brick. It would be the twin 305's that would scare me. I can just hear that fuel gauge dropping Laughing

Loved Maple Bay for a nice quiet marina.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Economy Reply with quote

Twin V8s would be to thirsty for me. Been there done that, have the T-Shirt. I'd have to saythe NNavigators with the single diesel might be a good compromise. The Tollys although great boats are getting a bit long in the tooth. I'm leaning towards scrubbing the fly and buying a 25 CD. The Rosbourgh might be a bit too heavy and slower. We are still looking at our options but a 25 CD might be a good marriage of most of our wants.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: