The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

What did you see at the boat show?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capital Sea

City/Region: Olympia
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Capital Sea
Photos: Capital Sea
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, my C-Dory is a 22', thanks for trying though.

Save our Sound!
Capital Sea

City/Region: Olympia
Vessel Name: Capital Sea
Photos: Capital Sea
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link for the cup holder Mfg. http://www.seasucker.com/
Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bigmouthboatsupply.com/4hove.html

Capital Sea , check out this product (link above) and the entire SeaSucker line. It may be what you saw? Their products work great.

(On Edit) You beat me to it Capital..and it was the same item I see.!

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: foam-backed headliners. I had a vinyl foam-backed headliner on my Jeanneau Tonic 23 and it did look good, help with condensation and was easy to clean.

However, after a number of years the foam deteriorated and the headliner started to sag. Initially I tried to re-attach it with a factory-reccomended contact cement and that looked horrendous. Finally, I had to scrape off the entire mess and have a canvas guy put up some "monkey fur" which would not break down.

While the headliner will give the boat a finished look, it will probably become unsightly and a tedious and expensive problem to remedy, based on my experience.

I was told that the deterioration was caused by heat. We live in Ohio and do get some very warm weather in the summer, so perhaps those in the PNW and Alaska will fair better, but those in the south would detect the problem sooner.

Nick
"Valkyrie"
20dauntless

City/Region: Mercer Island and Decatur Island
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Retriever and Nordic Tug 37
Photos: Retriever
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern with the headliner in the PNW is mildew. It can be difficult to keep a boat's interior dry all the time, especially in the winter when you can't have a heater or dehumidifier running.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the headliner utility and longevity issues depend a lot on the knowledge and experience of the manufacturer and the subsequent selection of quality materials being installed in the proper manner.

Some less experienced manufacturers or boat owners using these type of materials, especially of inferior grade, will get mixed, sometimes poor, results.

The headliner on my Sea Ray is at least 3/4" thick, and composed of multiple layers of various materials designed to insulate and breathe, and has never shown any condensation or mold/mildew. The whole boat shows experience and quality in construction and materials, and after 20 years, shows very little wear and deterioration inside and outside.

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Venture 23 transom Reply with quote

What I saw that I liked. The transom on the Venture 23. WOW, High, nice with good storage and the battery storage too. Also, really nice big useful cockpit steps and storage. Maybe Idea I could talk Oldgrowth Dave, into cutting my boat in half and putting on a V-23 stern and transom. Thumbs Up

What I really liked. Talking to Jim King about the future of the "Alaska Series" inflatables. Good things coming. A new PNW dealer who is, shall I say, a bit more responsive to the customer, and more fitting with the Jim King quality philosophy. Yes my friends, the infamous "Alaska Series" is going to be available at Island Marine Center on Lopez Island. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2007 Jim sold 85 boats, 2008 Inflatable Boatworks sold 15. He is looking for a better year this year. Folks looking for a great inflatable might want to check out the IMC crew. They are just a few minutes from Friday Harbor if you are up there for the CBGT.

Great fun at the SBS and CBGT-09. Glad we could see you there.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Doryman

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lori Ann
Photos: Lori Ann
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Venture 23 transom Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
Talking to Jim King about the future of the "Alaska Series" inflatables. Good things coming. A new PNW dealer who is, shall I say, a bit more responsive to the customer, and more fitting with the Jim King quality philosophy. Yes my friends, the infamous "Alaska Series" is going to be available at Island Marine Center on Lopez Island. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2007 Jim sold 85 boats, 2008 Inflatable Boatworks sold 15. He is looking for a better year this year. Folks looking for a great inflatable might want to check out the IMC crew. They are just a few minutes from Friday Harbor if you are up there for the CBGT.

That is extremely good news. I had some very frustrating experiences with IBW last year (involving a lot of finger-pointing between King and IBW), which led to a very strained relationship between myself and Jim. I did not want to post a message trashing the Alaska Series because the problem was really with IBW, yet I wanted to warn Brats about potential problems. Fortunately the occasion never arose and now I can post a positive message about the Alaska Series, which I think is a great dink.

From everything I have heard about IMC, they are a class operation. I've talked to them about the Ocean Sport Roamer 30 (on my short-list of possible next boats.)

Warren

TomCat 255, Hull #55, 150 Yamahas
Anacortes, WA
Socrateur

City/Region: Danville
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Skipper
Photos: Sea Skipper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for the integrity of the IMC folks because they are storing my boat on their premises and they are taking very good care of it while I am 850 miles away. They provide me with piece of mind.

That's good news about their carrying the Alaska series because I am considering a replacement for my current dinghy, and it makes me happy to have opportunities to help out the local businesses on Lopez whenever possible. It isn't easy to make a go of it on a small island like that. Lopez and its inhabitants and businesses are real gems, and they work very hard to maintain a self-sufficient community based on trusting relationships and volunteerism.

hardee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Lopez July 4 Reply with quote

Jay said, Speaking of the businesses on Lopez Island,
Quote:
"....while I am 850 miles away. They provide me with piece of mind.

That's good news about their carrying the Alaska series because I am considering a replacement for my current dinghy, and it makes me happy to have opportunities to help out the local businesses on Lopez whenever possible. "

Jay, are you going to be in the area for July 4 this year? I heard there may be some C-Brats in the area for the 4th. Would like to get to cross wakes some time.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: hotel Reply with quote

HI everyone Loree and I had a great time here in Seattle for the show and the gathering. We liked the Tomcat with it's big bed up front and lots of storage .We also liked what they did to our cape cruiser(venture) lots more storage and better finish .I think C-dory (Fluid )will do good and I wish them great success. If we win the lottery it will be between the 25Ranger or the 255 tomcat.

We also like the Larkspur hotel we hope we can stay there again . Thanks again for the Waggoner I'm trying to get my friend interested in renting a boat up in the sanjuans this summer .

Just a side note we lost a set of car keys at the hotel the mgr . sent them next day to us. fed-ex . What Great customer service we need to keep busineses like that alive and well .

00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
amy and karl

City/Region: Graham
Vessel Name: C-DAISY
Photos: C-DAISY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Floatation Reply with quote

Capital Sea- Yes you will find foam under the forward section of the vberth. We have been considering this and aren't sure if it would be worth the mess. Karl
hardee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larkspur, rooms very nice, prices reasonable. Meeting room, Sorry, but my opinion is that it was too small. Sure nice otherwise. Sure do appreciate all the work that went into setting it up though, and the ease of getting to and from.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
20dauntless

City/Region: Mercer Island and Decatur Island
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Retriever and Nordic Tug 37
Photos: Retriever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw on the Whaler forum that the factory only had 12 boats on the line recently because their sales are way down. For those of you that went to the factory party, has did it look like production had been significantly reduced? Or was it business as usual?
Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did I see at the Boat Show?

I saw "Bone"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: