View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Fisher

City/Region: Lake Stevens
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Fisher
Photos: C-Fisher
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Time to join C-Brats, we just bought our C-Dory Reply with quote

I have been lurkin' for weeks now learning alot from this GREAT group and we finaly did it, we bought our boat!

First to introduce ourselves, my name is Wayne and my wife is Alisa, we live in Lake Stevens Wa.

This is our 3rd boat, but I have allways wanted a C-Dory since they first came out. I first set out to buy a 16ft C-Dory as I thought that would do what I wanted and well, I thought it would be all that my wife would let me get Confused . So after reading here about the great service at EQ Marine I talked my wife into goeing up to see Les and see what he had in stock to look at. When we got there right in front of his store was a 19ft C-Dory, my wife looked at it and said is that the 16, I said no thats the 19. She then she turned to me and said, I don't want anything smaller then that! Idea The first thing I did was to show her the 19 and she loved it so we went in to talk to Les. He just happened to have a 16 he was rigging up for someone and he took us out back to see it too. First thing my wife said was, that looks like a bath tub it's to small. Man I was in heaven, my dreams had come true.

So we are now waiting for Les to rigg up our new 19ft C-Dory. So far the name we came up with that we like the most is C-Fisher. We both love to fish. We are not into camping overnight on the boat, we just like to go out and fish from sun up to sun down then go back to land to sleep so the 19 is perfect for us. It has been 12 years since we sold our last boat so we are very excited about getting it. We are haveing Les rigg it up with 2 Scotty 1106 Downriggers, Garmin 188C GPS/MAP/DS, Raymarine Ray54 VHF, Evinrude 90DSL E-TEC main and Johnson 6hp 4-stroke kicker and a Cabin Drop Curtain.

I must say, all you have said about Les is true. He is a wealth of infomation and truely loves putting these boats together. It has been the best buying experience I have ever had. Thankyou all for the tip. We also look forward to meeting some of you out on Puget Sound and very happy to be part of such a great group.

Wayne and Alisa
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from us Right Coasters. We're glad to have you with us and will help all we can although you sound like you know what you're doing.! Get us some pictures when Bill sets you up with an album!

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Wayne and Alisa,

My youngest grandaughters name is Alyssa. But I named my boat after my oldest granddaughter, Anna Leigh. We are just west of you on Guemes Island. Glad you got to meet Les. He is a great resource for boaters in the NW.

Hey you and anyone else out there don't have to wait until you actually buy a C-dory to join the group.

Hope to C you on the water.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Time to join C-Brats, we just bought our C-Dory Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! Odds are, if you attend a Left Coast C-Brat event (and you should - that is one advantage of living on the Upper Left Coast - Cathlamet, Jarrell's Cove, Lopez Islander, Blakely Resort, Langley & Sequim Bay this year), you will get into sleeping on the boat!

C-Fisher wrote:

We are not into camping overnight on the boat, we just like to go out and fish from sun up to sun down then go back to land to sleep so the 19 is perfect for us.

Wayne and Alisa

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, Wayne! Welcome to the Pub.

You're going to love that 19 for fishing. One thing I found when I had mine, was rod storage was a little tricky; with no rear bulkhead and a smaller cabin top, your storage options are a little limited.

Not sure if you've seen them or not, but here's a link to my old 19 rigging photos. Les has a local stainless guy that could make up similar top and rear rails (had mine done down here in CA), and he knows where to get the rod holders in the pictures. There are also some pics of flush mount tackle boxes I installed in those wide gunnels - they were great for fishing. Took up no usable space, and were right where you wanted them. I'm guessing Les may not install these for you - a small amount of flotation needs to be removed to do so, and there may be liability concerns. Before I installed mine, I spoke with C-Dory about them - they had no concern with the minimal amount of flotation removal, but would not officially endorse them.

I'm really intrigued by the E-TEC; as Les probably explained to you, keeping the stern light in a 19 is key to good low speed handling, and that's one darn light engine. I'm guessing this will be a great engine for the 19.

Looking forward to seeing you out there!

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne's like a kid on Christmas morning. Congratulations, and I hope to see you out there.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Wayne and Alisa and congratulations on your new C-Dory. (I just sent you a personal message on this site). (You'll find the access to the messages at the top of the page).
C-Brat #16
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne and Alisa - Welcome to the Pub. Congratulations on your new boat, and get ready for the fun to start. Don't be so sure about not sleeping aboard, though. We'll talk you into one of our little get togethers soon enough, and you will not want to leave!

It sounds like you and Les have the rigging down perfect!

I also want to especially thank David for his sage words:
Quote:
Hey you and anyone else out there don't have to wait until you actually buy a C-dory to join the group.

That is very much correct! Good folks are always welcome.

R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wayne & Alisa - Welcome to the C-Brats site and congrats on the purchase of your new 19 CD. We purchased our 19 CD from Les in Feb 2003 & picked it up a few weeks later in April. It's been so much fun Exclamation and we just Love taking it out when time permits. We launch mainly at Bellingham so maybe we'll see you out on the water one of these days.

We hadn't planned to sleep on board either, at least not till we had window coverings. That changed in a matter of seconds when we were at Lopez and found out that a room would cost $131.95 and that included listening to Karoke till 2AM Exclamation In a pinch towels and blankets make excellent curtains.

Again, welcome Very Happy

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
C-Fisher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the very warm welcome, it is just awesome to have such a wonderful group to go along with the great boat we are getting. We are looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing what you have done to your boats.

Wayne and Alisa
jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!! Welcome to the Pub!! Great to hear you got a C-Dory and we are looking forward to you gathering up with the Brats.
You will be amazed at the enjoyment your Special Boat will open up for you. Great to have you in the C-Brat Family Hug Hug Hug Hot Cat Dog Photo Thumbs Up

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you get your boat i would really like to see how that e-tec runs. I had already decided that i would get the 90 hp e-tec with out hearing it and trying it on a boat, but if you have one it would be great to see how it does first. we live in marysville and would love to buy you dinner at langley in exchange for a ride.
C-Fisher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to take delivery of the boat sometime in the second half of the month. I will report back on my thoughts on the E-Tec.

Bill, I have been looking at those pictures of your old 19' DA NAG and did really like the rear rail you put in. I showed the picture to Les and he is going to take care of it for me. I also like that tackle box but am not ready to put that kind of hole in her yet,lol.

Really looking forward to getting the boat but time seems to have slowed down now Clock

Starting to get a few pictures saved up so when I get an album I will start to post some.

Wayne and Alisa
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Fisher wrote:

Starting to get a few pictures saved up so when I get an album I will start to post some.

OK Wayne and Alisa - album is good to go. Click on the Photos link in your profile, and fill 'er up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: