View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Profiles - Location Reply with quote

Howdy, folks.

We've had a bunch of new members lately, so this one is directed mostly at them...

When you register here, there are a ton of optional fields you can choose to fill out. Most of them are not mandatory, and you can choose how much (or little) info about you and your boat you wish to share with the other members.

One field though, that is quite helpful - location. I've seen a ton of posts lately that could have had better and/or more responses if folks knew where you were located. Also, when somebody knows you are located near them, quite often you'll get offers to show/help with something in person.

Most folks that choose to fill this field out enter their city and state, but it's a free-form field. If that's more info than you are comfortable giving, nothing stops you from entering something more generic, i.e. just a state, or "Northern CA", "Pacific Northwest", etc.

If your location info is currently blank, and you wish to update it, you can click the Profile link at the top of any page, and update any of your information.

Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Bill's comment on the location aspect. It's always great to understand how your return post may effect the person you're responding to. It's also been know to renew some old ties with areas that some of us lived in or visited in the past.
With that I'd encourage everyone to try and include some reference to their primary location. It really helps.

Tim

shausotter

City/Region: Albany, Oregon
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Data fields update Reply with quote

Hi, I dont know if you are the person who manages the web site, but thought with a handle like Head Nerd I would give you a hollar. When entering the data into the profile fields, it doesnt have 2005 as an option. Also, what is the difference between a 25 Cruiser and a 25 Cruise Ship? Thanks, Steve
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Data fields update Reply with quote

shausotter wrote:
When entering the data into the profile fields, it doesnt have 2005 as an option.

Just added it - thanks for the heads up.

Quote:

Also, what is the difference between a 25 Cruiser and a 25 Cruise Ship?

The very first 25's were the Cruise Ships - the newer ones are the Cruisers.

TyBoo (Mike) has one of the earlier 25 Cruise Ships - you can see his album, and some of the differences here.

Welcome aboard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: