The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Tune Up question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Bulovsky

City/Region: Washburn
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SCOUT
Photos: SCOUT
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Tune Up question Reply with quote

1. Can I tune up the outboards without taking it out of the water? Saves a lot of hassel if I can do it on the water. I can back my boat into the boat house so I can acess the outdrives. At low tide I could put the outdrive almost all of the way down. Will that be enough of an angle to change the gear oil????

Doug-
I did my engines earlier this summer on the trailer and think your going to have to pull the boat. Just from a mess (oil spill) and the "oops" of dropping a the fluid plugs perspective. It would make the Job much harder knee deep in water or muck. I say pull it and save yourself the the frustration of lost plugs.

Chris
No Worries

City/Region: South Puget Sound
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: No Worries
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are correct.... I am trying to save a hassle, and in the long run I may end up with more hassel then it is worth. Plus it will give me a chance to check the bottom paint. Thanks for all the replys guys.....

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: