The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

kicker and batts for cd 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

City/Region: san francisco
State or Province: CA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: kicker and batts for cd 16 Reply with quote

Hello all. I am going to purchase a cd 16 cruiser. Its a 2006. The package is a boat motor and trailer , (honda 40). very few options. I am going to have the pleasure of outfitting it myself. I have questions about batts and kicker. I plan on using the boat for camping type adventures and fishing. I will add a rod from cabellas to steer the kicker. Here are the questions. If I plan to troll alot, should my kicker have the handle for throttle controll and some steerage? Should I get an electric start motor? The motor will be small 5 or 8 hp. what kind of set up should I have? Now for batts. is it a good idea to have two, one for backup? I plan to have gps/sounder/radar package. If you do have two batts is one for the motor and one for lights and nav. Thanks
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Kicker Reply with quote

Even though I went with a Honda 8hp, I believe that I would have been better served with a Yamha 8hp. My fishing partner has two boats set up with the Yamahas, and they seem much better than the Hondas from two perspectives. I like the gear shift out on the tiller arm where you can get to it easily, and the throttle seems much smoother for small adjustments. I have both a Honda Classic 8 (anyone want to buy it for $1100?), and the new Honda 8.

Yes, put two batteries in the boat. Have a good switch, and I recommend not running it in the "both" position. Use one battery or the other, but if you go on both, you run the risk of two dead batteries.

Steve
DAVEY5205

City/Region: TACOMA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: HONEY DO LIST
Photos: HONEY DO
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: kicker Reply with quote

you might be thinking abt the weight factor, i do have a 16 also and ruun a 8 hp kicker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steve Grover

City/Region: Lake Tahoe
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Tee Ten
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: gizmo- 2006 16' cruiser Reply with quote

Batteries should be mounted under the port seat with a switch, 1 batt. 2 batt. all or off positions. Cabela's sells a auxiliary motor bracket FH-01-7511-001 and a transom adapter. This set up will allow you to remove the motor mount and motor without tools. Gizmo is for sale. Has everything you will purchase to set up your 16 and you would save mucho $$$.
Lowrance GPS sonar.
full canvas camper back
full custom storage cover
14 gal. fuel tank and two yamaha 6 gal. tanks
fuel water separator
two batteries on switch.
50 horse yamaha with permatrim
flush deck rod holders port and starboard
removable auxiliary motor mount
carpeted floor
Pacific built trailer with side rails and spare
all the usual stuff, dock lines, vinal coated anchor and line, chain, fenders, flares and gun. Much much more.
no radar. No aux motor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: