The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

PETT HEAD SOLUTIONS....OR NOT??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: PETT HEAD SOLUTIONS....OR NOT?? Reply with quote

OK, several threads on heads and 16, 19, 21, 22, & 25' boats on the C-Brat site, but I wanted to just add one more....with some "just how much room does it take" thrown in. It does not get much simpler than this...and no pluming issues.

To the boater with full marine heads, to the vessel, each has at some point had issues.

To the boaters with porta-potties..... is that trip up the dock when other are fixing breakfast with ....THE HONEY JAR!

To the Air Head Boaters: You are over 1/2 way home by seperating the paper....

To all boaters: We use our boats, we are all humans, things will happen in time, some more plesant than others, and just how much room are we willing to give up on a boat for something that happens just a few times a day....if we are LUCKY!!!

We all also make trash every time we are on our boats. Paper plates, aluminum cans, plastics from food containers, glass bottles....boxes from food....on and on. We as people just make trash. As hickers, we are told leave nothing in the woods that was not there when you showed up. Hummm

A 22' cruiser owner turned me on to these items and I just call them "Thunder Bags." At some point, we will all get there on a boat.

Now how many of us keep a 5 gallon bucket on board already...at least one? Most boats I see at gatherings have one or two sitting about. Just add these bags somewhere on your boat.

For you CD25 & TC255 owners who really do shower or can fit into the phone booth and take a shower... just think if that head was not in there how much room and more pleasent you shower would be. Take the "pett pot" out when you shower.

Wal-Mart also has a line of these bags in their camping area, but the box does not say the bags themselves are biodegradeable...and I have no idea how long it would really take a fully bio-bag to bio...I have never kept one long enough to watch the process. The Wal-Mart bags are "less exspensive."...and we generally put the bags in a trash bag with other non-bio's and toss away at marinas during refueling/re-iceing during extended cruises anyway...

Site & chatter on the matter:

http://www.thepett.com/

We are helping the world become free
of infections and disease from human waste through developing portable, efficient, dry waste collection products. ThePETTŪ dry toilet system provides a sanitary method for transporting and disposing of both solid and liquid human waste through innovative biodegradable technologies.
· Outdoor recreationists leave more than their footprints in the wilderness.
· ThePETT system is a logistical and medical
choice for rapid emergency and military deployment.
· Cleaning and emptying commodes are two of the most unpleasant tasks caregivers and family members do for loved ones.
· You're 250 miles and 3 hours from the nearest stop and you gotta go, NOW.
· More people are killed by disease AFTER a disaster than from the disaster itself.

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
teflonmom

City/Region: Red Lion
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Snickers AUG 08
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: PETT HEAD SOLUTIONS Reply with quote

Hello to all,

I just can't resist commenting on the head thing. I have said it before the Port-A Pottie is the easiest to use on a small trailerable boat. If you are out for several days and need to dump in a marine bathroom, just wait till late in the evening, Be sure to dump slowly, flush often and clean up after you finish. On short trips take it home and dump in your sewer clean out. Then use a hose to really clean out the bottom part and refill with fresh dedoerizer.

Byrdmans comment about removing the pottie when showering on the 25 or Tom Cat was right on.

Keep it simple, Don't worry, Be Happy.

Fred, Pat and Mr. Grey(the cat)

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could do like Mr Grey! Cat

and use the litterbox Crook

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain's Cat wrote:
Or you could do like Mr Grey! Cat
Charlie

Then again this 4 lb device appeals to Mr. Green.... Rolling Eyes

Don

Brat #483
"Jenny B" 2005 C-22/F75 sold, Oct. 2008
"C-Brat" 1993 C-16 angler/50 hp
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost for the biffy is about the same as for the porta-potty, but has the added expense for the bags.

We would add to Fred and Pat's post about disposing from the porta-potty -- yep, sure can use the public toilet route -- but most marinas now have a disposal site (or pump-out) with an easy method of disposing of waste from the porta-potty (and they have a hose available to flush out the system).

Also, we find that virtually all RV campgrounds have a pump out (and easy disposal system for porta-potty waste) so traveling between locations (camping in the boat) there is an easy waste disposal system available. Many states have pump outs associated with rest areas on the highways, also.

The Pett bags are an alternative and may be right for some folks, so we sure appreciate the idea, Byrdman -- it is certainly easier to dispose of the waste along with the trash (and apparently this is a 'legal' system).

oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pett and Nature plus portable toilets are not new ideas. I have had a similar portable toilet for 35 years. I also use it on my boat; it saves about 40 lbs in weight and is more convenient than the porta-poti. I do not like cleaning a dirty porti-poti.
________
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: