The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

two questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: two questions Reply with quote

first, i have a two burner alcohol stove. the last gallon of fuel cost me $23.00. surely, there must be a better deal to be had on alcohol fuel.

second, on my starboard side sliding glass window, the vertical piece of aluminum, that is pressure fitted to the window, at the rear of the window has fallen off. the good news is i was able to retrieve it and now would like to install it back onto the glass. questions is how? the fact that it fell off tells me the pressure was not sufficient to hold it in place, do i now use adhesive or just hammer it back on?
best regards
pat
ok, my spell chek is not workeng so, hop i didn3t maek ayn errsors
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cap'n Pat. I'd try a little silicone RTV on the aluminum. Just a little. And don't "hammer" it, push it on gently, if you have to tap it, put a wood block between the aluminum and your sledge hammer! Shocked

As for the alcohol, I don't know. Didn't use our alcohol stove much in Captain's Choice, you could always use Wild Turkey, that way, if the stove doesn't work, you'd have something to keep you busy! Disgust

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
smittypaddler

City/Region: Neenah, Wisconsin
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Na Waqa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Silicone works Reply with quote

The same thing happened to me shortly after delivery. Actually, my brother-in-law tried to slide the window open from the outside by grabbing that vertical metal rail, and pulled it off. I put it back on with some silicone and a little hand pressure. Hasn't budged since, and that was three years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: two questions Reply with quote

capt. patrick campbell wrote:
first, i have a two burner alcohol stove. the last gallon of fuel cost me $23.00. surely, there must be a better deal to be had on alcohol fuel.

second, on my starboard side sliding glass window, the vertical piece of aluminum, that is pressure fitted to the window, at the rear of the window has fallen off. the good news is i was able to retrieve it and now would like to install it back onto the glass. questions is how? the fact that it fell off tells me the pressure was not sufficient to hold it in place, do i now use adhesive or just hammer it back on?
best regards
pat
ok, my spell chek is not workeng so, hop i didn3t maek ayn errsors

I use denatured alcohol shelac / paint thinner from any hardware store. A little clear RTV silicone & a rubber hammer Mr. Green Beer
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys,
your advice is well taken, especially charlie's, i'll pick up the silicone, paint thinner and some wild turkey.
that way, if the coffee doesn't perk and window falls out, i won't even know!
have a great day.
pat
Wayne McCown

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Little Mac
Photos: Little Mac
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like JMR II, I use denatured alcohol (available in the paint department at Home Depot for less than $5 per gallon).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: