The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Mini Canadian Gulf Island Get-together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Mini Canadian Gulf Island Get-together Reply with quote

How about an album for upcoming pics of the 5 C-dorys up in Canada. Kate and I just returned after a wonderful day/night/day. The rest (Bill and El/Halcyon, Pat and Patti/Daydream, Brock/Bambina, Fred/Anita Marie, ) are still there for two more days.

I've got three or four pics of our dinner together at the Hummingbird Inn and Pub.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, what a blast that gig was. Fred and I had a most fabulous trip south from Wallace Island yesterday. And we ran into Halcyon and Daydream at Van Isle at 1:15 p.m., after Bill called us on his VHF. Pat had some trouble with one engine, so they opted not to go to Pirates Cove and instead headed well south.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Here's your album, and sorry it took so long.
Catman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike. Beer Guy Pat took some super pictures. And I think he took one or two of the Gulf Islands' sunset.
Photo
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mini-gathering. Brock did a great job guiding us around part of the Gulf Islands. Dinner at the Pub at Montague, walking downtown Ganges, a glorious day at Wallace Island and a great cruise back. Thanks to Bill, El, Pat, Patti, Austin, Oscar, Brock, Brice, Amy, Brad, Kate and David what great company. We even got in some swimming. Total miles for three days 151 natical miles.
Brock I also saw that Green 22 at Arlington going north.
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, just posted the four pictures I took. Pat took a ton of them and he will be back tonight. Had a great time. Three hours flat, 50 statute miles back from Montague Harbor, Galiano Is. to Cap Sante, Anacortes.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some editing to do, so it will be a little while, but here is one pic...

TyBoo wrote:
Sounds great! Here's your album, and sorry it took so long.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Catman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, where was the above photo taken? Sydney Spit, perhaps?
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was Sydney Spit early Monday morning, and Patty gets credit for that one.
Catman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She also gets credit for teaching us that Montague's fuel nozzle has the kind of high pressure that would make Fireman Dave proud.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one...Brad, El and Bill at Wallace Island, 6-27-04...
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pictures.

I noticed that picture #17 with the photo of you folks standing on rocks, has not only Brock pictured at the far right, but if you will notice his reflection in the water makes it appear he is "walking on water".....even though he be walking "upside down"! Wink

C-Brat #16
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveS wrote:
...has not only Brock pictured at the far right...

I'll bet Brock has never been described like THAT before... Razz Razz Razz

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUR SUMMER VACATION

By Pat Anderson (Patty will have to correct factual errors here, I am sure)

Day 1, Thursday, June 24. This was a work day, went in late so I could leave early! Daydream launches at Twin Bridges (County Park, not the marina) about 5:30 p.m., change of plans due to arriving earlier than expected, we motor to Spencer Spit, Lopez Island, rather than to Cook's Cove. Peaceful evening on the hook, take dinghy ashore in the morning, Oscar duty, walk to Theo Spencer's cabin, this is a NICE spot. No dock, but about 16 mooring buoys, and good anchorage (hint - stay out past the buoys to anchor - too much kelp on the bottom between the buoys and shore).

Day 2, Friday, June 25. David and Kate on Anna Leigh join us at Spencer Spit, and we hook up with Brock on Bambina and Fred on Anita Marie for the run to our next destination, Bedwell Harbor, Pender Island, C-eh-N-eh-D-eh...Bill and El and son Brad and grandkids Ami and Bryce on Halcyon there to greet us! Check in by phone with Canadian customs from Bedwell. We jointly decide to head to Montague Harbor, Galiano Island. Amazingly, we all get dock space at Montague - this is a another GREAT place. Best part for the Beer Guys, da funky bus up to the Hummingbird Pub (see photo album!), your average pub grub, hippy decor, drinks. Did I mention da funky bus? Nice buzz on, Fats Domino tape on the bus, it is 1962 all over again ("I found my three-o [note: probably meant 'thrill'] on Blueberry hee-o [more than likely, 'hill']," etc., etc.) No problem falling asleep that evening! In the morning, nice walk around, David and Kate depart for home, the rest of us depart for Ganges Harbor, Saltspring Island, and Conover Cove, Wallace Island.

Day 3, Saturday, July 26. Ganges is a wonderful little tourist trap! Most useful information: the public restroom is in the Mouat's store, about in the middle, by the stairway! News flash, no beer in the grocery store, you have to go to the liquor store...and I thought our liquor laws were blue...otherwise, this place is mostly about separating you from your money (could be fun, if you enjoy that sort of thing). On to Conover Cove, Wallace Island, a complete change of pace. Wallace Island was owned by Conover, a photographer, who took the first pictures of Norma Jean before she was Marilyn. We are in the 1950s here. He dreamed of making it a resort for the Hollywood set, and evidently there were a few famous visitors to the little cabins and summer lounge, pretty rustic by any standard. Conover sold to a group of 200 Seattle teachers who bought it as an investment, and who were poised to sell it to somebody else (probably a developer?), when Island Trust stepped in about 1997, bought the island or most of it, and gave it to the province of B.C as a marine park. David Conover, the son, still has a house on a small piece that remains as private property on Princess Cove. The evening was special, we all headed out to Sunset Point. See the pix, Fred's one shot is better than my 50...Dinner on the dock, Fred's fine Force 10 BBQ came out, whew those sausages were hot, Fred!

Day 4, Sunday, June 27. GREAT breakfast on the dock at Conover Cove with Bill, El, Brad, Bryce and Ami (fried SPAM [Some Parts Are Meat], canned new potatoes and scrambled eggs). I think Brock was peddling grapefruit! Ha! Plan was to go on to Pirate's Cove, De Courcy Island, but we have a problem starting the starboard engine...if you ever wondered, yes, that little rope really WILL start the engine! Probably due to running down the battery with our Electric Igloo, but why wouldn't it start in the "Both" position? Anyway, she started and we decided to head south instead of north, to Van Isle for fuel and then to Sydney Spit. Boats were leaving left and right, and pretty soon, we had the place to ourselves.

Day 5, Monday, June 28. Bill, El, Brad and Patty locked in a vicious game of Hearts throughout the morning. Pat, Ami and Oscar walk the spit to the light house - 1.75 km each direction. Ami is Oscar's new best friend! About noon, we sadly have to head for home, I have to go to a City Council meeting in Snoqualmie at 7:00 p.m to make the world safe for 2000 more Quadrant homes ("More house. Less money"). We clear U.S. customs by phone while underway - we evidently received about the last PIN number for phone check in that they gave out. Back at Twin Bridges, we pull out and drive home, sad the greatest four days we could imagine had come to an end...

OVER AND OUT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: