The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/19 - 06/20 - Potomac River Cruise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll miss you John, but that's just another reason to get together again soon. All the best,
Bearh

City/Region: Annapolis
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Snowdon
Photos: Snowdon
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Bluecrab Reply with quote

John--
Congratulations on getting the boat in the water. Roger on family comes first. Hope to see you soon, one way or t'other. We're getting packed up tonight, Snowdon's all fueled up, and we plan to run down early tomorrow morning (Saturday). Hope things go smoothly with your move, and we'll let you know how the get together went. Lisa says hi. Bruce and Jane.
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope all you top right handers have a really great week-end with smooth sailing and lots of good times.
Best wishes from the upper left edge, Tim

PlanB

City/Region: Lake St. Louis, MO
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan B
Photos: Plan B (Duane and Joanne)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,
Sorry to have missed the cruise, but a trailer wheel bearing failure stopped us in our tracks after only 150 miles. We spent all of wednesday and most of thursday making repairs. But alas, the hub was too far gone to attempt another 1800 miles; and the brake system is toasted also.

We diverted to the nearest water, and ended up in Barkley Lake, KY. We're still waiting for that phone call announcing the arrival of grandbaby #5.

Hope to see some pictures soon!

Duane,
Plan B
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duane, we missed you. Had only 3 boats, Capt's Choice, Otter and Snowdon but had a great time. I've got lots of Pix as does Otter that we'll post shortly.

Bill or Mike, would you set up an album for us to use? More later after I unpack and eat.

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! We want to hear all about the "great time"! Well, I guess you gotta eat. OK, we'll wait a bit longer.

Glad to hear it described that way. Here's your album: Potomac River Cruise - June, 2004

Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie and Sally have a GREAT spot on Cod Creek - a 2 1/2 acre wooded lot (some of the wood horizontal after Hurricane Isabel, but plenty left standing). Idyllic is the word that comes to mind. We were incredibly well hosted, with lots and lots to eat and drink, a beautiful pier to tie up to, and great weather. We spent more time hanging around the table than actually cruising, as it blew 20 through Saturday night and Sunday morning and the lower Potomac was pretty choppy. Bruce and Jane got all the cruising they wanted coming to and from
Annapolis I am sure! Kathy and the girls were happy just paddling the kayak around the creek and swimming from a beautiful sandy beach just on the other side from Charlie's lot. We brought along Piper the lab and Zoe the 4-mo.-old belgian malinois. Zoe and Andy (Charlie and Sally's dog) tussled and played every waking hour. Our girls slept like rocks on the Otter despite some pitching during the night. It was simply a great time. Many thanks to Charlie and Sally. Hope we can do it again soon!
Bearh

City/Region: Annapolis
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Snowdon
Photos: Snowdon
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: We don' need no stinkin' markers-- Reply with quote

Just back from Charlie and Sally's after the first edition of the Chesapeake Chapter's June barge-in. Have conclusively proved that C-Dories float on a thin layer of sweat, produced when the captain realizes that red right returning has a reason for being taught in basic boating 101. Moreover, have proved that new 20 gallon tanks are a good buy (Thanks, Tyboo!), in spite of my starboard thank having taken on a pregnant profile, swelling mightily in the two months it's lived in Snowdon so far--I think it now holds 40 gallons, easy. I plan to copy Charlie's installation of a two-step ladder for graceful entrances to the cockpit, and am mightily jealous of GPS chartplotters, now.
In other news, it turns out you eat mighty well when you visit in Virginia on Cod Creek--again, thanks a million, C. and S. Plus, you get to talk about stuff ranging from Kubota tractors to dye chemistry.
Add Tom, Cathy, and the small fry crew of Otter, and the horizon of learning becomes limitless. Now, for instance, I have learned that I really do want to be a gnat! Who knew?
For those of y'all on the mighty, mighty Left Coast--come East, I say. What we no longer have in succulent shellfish on the Bay, we have compensated for in hospitality!
In yet other news--when you plan to cross the mouth of the Potomac in a wind which opposes the tide, bring a pillow to sit on, and ear plugs, to block out the groans of the crew, as well as your own. It does get a mite bouncy.
And finally--there is no finer way to eat lunch than bobbing on the perimeter of the Chesapeake ship channel on a clear Sunday in June, across from Tilghman Island, watching the ships heading toward Baltimore. Come visit.
Fondly, the crew of Snowdon.
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to hear that 2 East Coast C-Dory gatherings on the same weekend went so well.

I hope we can make your next gathering. We loved cruising from Delaware to Baltimore, and are looking forward to cruising further south, some fall.

Maybe in the future there could be a gathering between the Chesapeake and New England, that would get more boats.

Rick & Carol from Maine
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, thanks for the fine words! Glad you had a good time too. I've got a place in Maine, up in Roque Bluffs near Machias NE of Bar Harbor, waaaaay up there. 70 miles from Canada.... Haven't had the boat up there yet but it's possible. Come South and see us!

Charlie
Anne-B

City/Region: Suburban Philadelphia
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1992
Vessel Name: ANNE-B
Photos: ANNE-B
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Chesapeake Gathering Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys had a good time even though there were only 3 of you. Sorry we couldn't make the trip. Glad to hear Bluecrab got in the water and maybe he and I can get together. We are on the same river. Always on the lookout for a C-Dory.
Let us know if anyone interested in coming north. The Chester River is a nice place to anchor.
We might like to take a cruise to Annapolis. We haven't tried to go that far yet. Last year we were going to take a trip to Wye River and St. Michaels but that weekend was the visit from "ISABEL".
Sorry PlanB couldn't make it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: