The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Electric/Hydraulic Unit & 4 Disc Brakes Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Bill

City/Region: Carson City
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: CharkBait
Photos: CharkBait
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Electric/Hydraulic Unit & 4 Disc Brakes Info Reply with quote

I think I could answer some questions bugging CD owners interested in the above combination for a braking system on their trailer. It is expensive and there are pit falls (or sand traps). I have learned a lot in the process of looking for a better brake system for trailers and I would be pleased to share that experience.

The following pictures show installed four wheel disc brakes and the electric/hydraulic unit that activates the brakes.

It's not quite as easy as just stepping on the brakes and letting the surge brake do the work. But, I believe the benefits of the new system are very positive and worth consideration. I have traveled 4,000 miles plus with the above combination and I personally like what I have now. As you probably know by now, I'm not against telling it like it is!!

Here's a list of areas to be concerned about:

Brake Flange Alignment
Disc Brakes on All Wheels
Special Grease in Hubs
Vented Rotors or Single
Cab Controllers
Other Misc Details

I'll respond to questions - you decide!

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: