View previous topic :: View next topic  
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: attempted humor Reply with quote

I gotta share this....at school we must craft a three year plan mapping out our professional development. Each year we must scribble up a report on what we've done with regards to the plan. I was knocking out a report today and wrote in there that last summer I did an intensive field study on marine propulsion and it's effect on the marine enviroment.
The boss looked at it and got all excited saying "wow, you never told me about doing this, what did you find out" which I responded " I discovered that there was a direct correlation between the number of times my boat went out and how many fish I had in the freezer".........she made a face at me and muttered a remark of some sort... I think I still have a job

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep working on her. With your diesel and marine wit, you may just have her cracking a much needed smile before Christmas.
ffheap

City/Region: Hingham
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Inn-The-Water
Photos: Inn-The-Water
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw her a fish. She will love you.

Man From Nantucket

Butch

City/Region: Rising Sun
State or Province: MD
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Yo dude! Ken Reply with quote

Bubba, what do you do for a living or work... oh crap... I mean... what you do to sustain your love for the water.
You are going to love this. My boss who is all of 32 and knows everything subcontracted part of a project we got to another firm giving the rerason we did not have the inhouse experience and expertise. I am almost 55 and exhibit a good reputation in our industry for getting things done and being up on the most current technology. Anyway, my boss subcontracted the work out at over $300 per hour and got a report as a deliverable that was out of this world. he paid the sub almost $12,000.00 for it and said this was the level of professionalism he was looking for for his client. Here's the rub.... the sub subcontracted it out to a one man company in Maryland who got $7000.00 to do the job. The sub was me. It took me less than 8 hours to pull the report together. That's almost $900.00 an hour for me. Now who's the dumba__. Do you think I am going to rub my boss' nose in it and shoot my cash cow. No way in He*&!

Ignoirance is bliss, however, stupidity is an asset to exploit! Butch

Wheeler Dealer

City/Region: Wheeler, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Denebola
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C,
Give a supervisor a fish and they will eat for a day. Take a supervisor fishing and you may get your next raise.

Jon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: