The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Battery Placement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryswensen

City/Region: Greenport, LI
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Mary C.
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Battery Placement Reply with quote

I know that this topic has been explored before but I am not able to bring up the information. Could use some help! After trial and error is there a "great place" to relocate the batteries. I wish to install two and even access to the one results in terminal cuts to my hands. No pun really intended.

I appreciate all the help on the question of the radar wedge, and contrary to our last posting -did install the wedge. It looks great - hope it works.

Again Thank you!

Ed of the Mary C

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed-

Are both of your batteries in the starboard lazarette? That does indeed make it tight! Are you thinking of having more than two?

The easiest solution is to leave one in the stbd lazarette, and put the other down between the gas tanks in a battery box.

One battery can also be placed in the port lazarette if you're not using it for a bait well, etc.

Batteries can be placed up in the cabin, but the cable length and resultant resistance means the diameter has to be enlarged quite a bit.

Best to keep the weight down low, but not imperative, and the two in the port lazarette standard solution shows.

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed-

Here are some previous discussions of the topic:

Battery Placement

Third Battery

Relocating Battery

Joe.
maryswensen

City/Region: Greenport, LI
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Mary C.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Battery Placement Reply with quote

Joe;

Thanks for the advice! Currently I have one battery(dealer supplied and more often dead than alive) and I find that to be a tight fit for a 24. I believe I will to go to the between tanks solution.
I have noted that the C-Brats seem to uniformally use all available space. Would it be heresy to build a battery box forward of each fuel tank - diminishing the cockpit space. I do value accessibility to a fault.

Any thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: