The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Seldovia, Alaska - April 30 - May 3rd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sundog

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: SUNDOG
Photos: Sundog
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Seldovia, Alaska - April 30 - May 3rd Reply with quote

Just thought I would mention that the Sundog Crew is going to be in Seldovia from Friday the 30th - Through May 3rd. We are going to be staying in one of the local hotels and go fishing on the slack tides out for halibut and Kings. We did this last year at the same time and had a wonderful time, with great weather and good fishing. If you want to see pictures from last year (pre C-dory days) - check them out online at: http://alaskaphotography.com/seldovia_2003/

Anyway, this is a great family trip and the harbor is a great place to be with options for both shore activities and close fishing and it would be fun to see a flotilla of C-Dory' s there.

Cheers,

Sundog Crew - Joe, Cathy, Caleb & Joshua
wilbe asea

City/Region: Kenai
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sunset Ride
Photos: Sunset Ride
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be glad to meet up with you, but work schedule may not allow it. I have next weekend scheduled off, so will be there then, but the weekend after is probably not going to be possible. We will be staying on the Sunset Ride up in Tutka Bay most likely, probably concentrate on trolling for Chinooks, as we still have an abundance of halibut.

Hope you all have a nice time, if I can swing it we will look you up, but don't be surprised if we are not be there.
Redƒox

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: ARG!! Reply with quote

Gettin-around to postin pix of this trip as we speak folks. I'll be postin more in the week as I get to it... enjoy!

No writing this time though... arg Sad

I need solitude and the PWS to write .... me thinks.. ... Very Happy
Sundog

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Baby in Sink / Now Baby in Gym Bag Reply with quote

I just posted a bunch of photos of our recent adventure down to Homer area - and for those who enjoyed seeing little Joshua Fisher Law in his sink Berth, well you should love the picture of him in a gym bag on the clamming shore.

I hope you enjoy the photos, we had great company with Red Fox and a new C-dory owner with an unnamed boat at this time.

Photos at:

http://www.alaskaphotography.com/2004trips/homer2004may/index.html

Off to PWS this next weekend - anyone else heading out that way let me know.

Sundog Crew Hot
Butch

City/Region: Rising Sun
State or Province: MD
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Saw the pics... Reply with quote

All I can say after seeing the wonderful pics of the whole family enjoying the wilds and the water is.... you are one lucky man! That's kind of how I grew up in the hills of WVa. Everything revolved around the family. Our family business, chores, truck gardens (a hold over by granpaw from the great depression and we only grew several patches of gardens where in pawpaw's definition a patch equaled a little over an acre). I can remember going out to work on the water well drill rig when I could stand up in the front seat of a 51 ford dump truck before I was in school and on summers when I was. Lordy, our strawberry patch alone was 3.5 acres and when in season we'd ( me my 3 younger brothers, dad, and pawpaw, pick10 to 15 36quart crates every evening and sell them at market by 6 am the next day.
I am 54 now and as I look back I would not trade those time for anything. I am a real life bonified scientist now making more money than I ever thought possible, but rest assured, if the world would go to hell in a hand basket tomorrow I could show my boys and their families how to survive on a patch of ground, a beef calf or two and some hogs. I have not forgotten and sundog neither will your kids.... Butch
PS... my fellow just as school educated fellow scientists thinks I am a backwards hillbilly out of my element.... but I know better. I have a perspective they can only read about...

Sundog

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Butch,

I think you are right on, family is key and Lord willing I do hope to leave the boys a legacy of adventure.

Cheers,

Joe
Butch

City/Region: Rising Sun
State or Province: MD
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: My oldest son... Reply with quote

Joe, my oldest son lives on the bank of Elk River at the head of the Chesapeake Bay. he crabs, fishes, hunts, and traps. He has three boys the oldest 7 and the youngest 3. I have made copies of your photos and sent it to him.... just to remind him we did it the same way when he was that age.... now its his turn and he is not alone. Thanks Joe for sharing you family pics! God Bless! Butch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: