The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Transom stress cracks on 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butch

City/Region: Rising Sun
State or Province: MD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Duct Tape and Bailing Wire Reply with quote

Dave.... with the combination of duct tape and bailing wire, coupled of course with bailing twine Crook , you can fix just about anything Rolling Eyes !

If ya ever want to relocate to the east side of the land... you'd qualify as an apprentice hillbilly with that kind of resourceful talent! I ran a drilling rig in WV in my youth that was powered by the four cylinder A model Ford and was run on drip gas. It was actually held together many a time by bailing wire, seagrass string (bailing twine), and duct tape until we could finish the well and get "Old Halty" back to the barn (our shop was a barn...no kidding) for a more proper fix'n.

Back to the crack issue... the 2004 I looked appeared to be stress cracks. The crack followed the contour of the radius at the corners of the transome. That was the ONLY thing I saw on the boat, it was otherwise in PERFECT condition to be two years old. I thought that if I bought it I'd beef it up in my shop over the winter. The stroke killed that idea for now. Nice thread... Butch

Alasgun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Transom Stress Cracks on 25 Reply with quote

Our local dealer tried to tell me they were caused by that black rubber transom cap. They said it was too ridged and it was difficult to make it stay bent in the corners and it would actually pull hard enough to crack the gel coat due to this lack of flex!!
I sure hate it when they insult you like that. I openly admit to not being the sharpest tool in the shed about many things but when they piss up my back and tell me it's raining I get a little perturbed.
They fixed one early on and now I have another. Guess I'll put my rain gear on and go to town. Crying or Very sad
Mike on Huda Thunkit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: