The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/24 - 03/25 - Poulsbo, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, Janet and Chris! Whether there or not, we all appreciate the effort you two made to initiate, plan and pilot the first cruise of '07. And Pat, I enjoyed reading your periodic accounts as events unfolded.

My handheld VHF said Alki had 4 knot winds and Point Robinson ten at noon. Sounds like the cruise home likely was a pretty smooth one.
Thumbs Up
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sun was shining in Admiralty inlet this morning and none of the promised wind of yesterday so we launched and drove down to Point No point to see if any Brats weer coming back that way or stealing any of OUR fish. Saw 29 boats there but not a Brat among them so we came back just ahead of the "coasties" and a nuclear sub.
Felt good to be out even if we missed the event.

Ah well, not long until Lopez.

Merv & Kathy
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Poulsbo Weekend Reply with quote

Janet & Luna-C crew,

The Poulsbo weekend was just awesome. Everything you did is so deeply appreciated. Thank you!

It was just great seeing so many of the folks we already know and meeting many new C-Brats, too.

Now for our journey to Poulsbo. We drove to Everett & launched there at 8 am Friday morning. Arrived Poulsbo @ 12:30 pm. Took a long nap after THAT trip. Wasn't the worst we've been in but wasn't as nice as it was today. Today on the return trip we left Poulsbo @ 10:15 this morning. Arrived Everett @ 1 pm. Nice (very nice!) water today!! Arrived home in Bellingham @2:30 pm. Have had a cup of tea and ate the last of the Sensei cookies (thanks Roger!).

Again deepest thanks to Janet & crew.

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to say DITTO
it was fun to see old friends and meet some new people. at the Boat show party I was not able to sit and talk with some of you and was able to do it here.
the floatin room we used was perfect for the size group we had.
see ya'll soon at another gatherin near you...lol...

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a big tip of the hat to Janet (sorry, Chris, we all know she did all the heavy lifting with the idiots at the marina!) for this one. Some of the weather aside, this was still steak sauce! (A1, for those of you not on the inside of that one!). Great sunny weather and calm for the cruise back to Shilshole - no reason to hurry, set 'er at 2000 rpms, cruised at 6 - 7 knots the whole way, Navman economy reading mostly at 6 - 7 mpg, occasionally higher! Left at 11:35 a.m., pulled into Shilshole exactly two hours later. Back in Fall City, boat is unloaded, motor is flushed, everything hosed off...sorry to see this weekend over!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
C-Change

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big "Thank You!" to Janet and the Luna-C crew. This was our first, of hopefully many to come, C-Brats gatherings. Stacy and I had a great time! We enjoyed meeting and talking to all our new C-Brat friends. We knew it was going to be a good weekend when we showed up at the Paulsbo Marina in a stiff blow and a crew of C-Brats appeared out of nowhere to take our lines ( Thanks Larry,Cathy, Joe, Ruth, Dave) and contain our docking to a small "thud" instead of the big "bang" it could have been. Shocked

The trip home was a bit less exciting than the trip into Poulsbo, but we did manage to see another whale, not sure what kind, but it was a whale. We saw it just a little south of Keyport. Maybe it was the same one we saw near the marina on Saturday night?

Made it across the sound and through the locks without any problems. As a matter of fact we were the only boat locking up into the lake... kind of strange being in the locks by yourself.

Hope to see you all in Bellingham, not sure we will make it to Lopez... but you never know.

Oh.. almost forgot... I took a bunch of pictures but I am not sure how to get them posted on the Poulsbo album. Any ideas?

Jan & Stacy
C-Change
Plan C

City/Region: Port Townsend
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan C
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Poulsbo Reply with quote

There's not much I can add, except to say that it was a delightful weekend. Janet did beautifully as our hostess. I went to register Sat morning, and they said, "It's all taken care of" (no filling out form or anything, by me), and everything else was just as smooth, except the water on Fri and Sat. Larry and Nancy were our hosts Fri afternoon on their trawler, which accomodated a good number of us in varnished wood splendor.

My neighbors, Dan and Deb now have a 22 Angler, and had hoped to come, but instead Deb took some great pictures of my boat going through the Port Townsend Bay/ Indian Island inlet on Friday. I hope to post some tomorrow. As a professional surf competition photographer, Deb knows waves, and it shows.

The gathering was a nice chance to see folks I know and to get to know some others better. The weather just didn't make a difference.

Thanks all.

Dave
amy and karl

City/Region: Graham
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: C-DAISY
Photos: C-DAISY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Poulsbo Reply with quote

Thank you to the organizers of the Poulsbo gathering. Also appreciate all the help docking. It was a pleasure meeting you all. Look forward to the next event and getting to know some more of you. Amy and Karl.
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also had a great time, both my boys kept talking about how much fun it was and about the nice "school teacher lady"(Nancy). This was only our second CBrat get together but what fun! We are always made to feel very welcome and it was nice to put some more names/boats and faces together. Our ride over was a bit rough going through Agate as well, but nothing the Cdory couldn't handle. The ride home was butter but we left real early since we had some things to get done before we head to Cabo on friday. All in all a great trip and we are excited for Lopez and bellingham to do it gain. Thanks to Luna C for stepping up on this one!!

Sark
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
C-Dory Year: 1991
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Brats,

We were the last to leave Poulsbo today at noon. It was a great party, thanks Janet, and thanks to the docking crew who got our trawler tied down during friday's 20 knot winds.

We enjoyed hosting the folks onboard our trawler on Friday who were looking a little damp out on the dock!

After everyone left Sunday, we enjoyed dinner and a movie onboard. This big boat stuff has advantages, including filling our fuel tanks today with 189 gallons of diesel! That's half of the total fuel capacity. The run back to Everett was smooth, with flat seas and plenty of sun.

It was great to visit with everyone and hope to you at Lopez!

Larry and Nancy
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet and Chris, Thank you very much, despite having to drive over we had a blast. Susan had been looking forward to this for a long time. I helped relieve the winter blues that has been holding us down the last few months. the pot luck was wonderful as always and the company could not be better. for those who missed the whale sitting or think I was hitting the diet coke to hard, the Orca Network site had several whale sighting in the area this weekend.
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to YOU all for your kind words! I know you're really just trying to get me to be the cruise director for this event next year. Very Happy
We had a great time, too, even with the swim meet to deal with! We're looking forward to Lopez!!!

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya done good, Janet. You even straightened out the weather - took a while, but you got it good. Thanks for everything.

It was good seeing everyone again or for the first time. Pretty neat group we have here.

Thanks to Cynthia and Erin for taking the girls shopping. They really had fun. And thanks to Robbi for taking them to the bakery and for delivering their new dinghy. Thanks to Fred and John for taking me to the saloon. And thanks to Larry for the original sales brochures from 1995 that list my boat. I might have to frame a couple of those and hang them on the wall.

The party barge is really cool! And the cleanup crew did that on their own; I didn't even know they were doing it until they came to the boat to get some towels and the Windex. Tiff said that vacuum cleaner sort of surprised her when it took off by itself after she turned on the switch. But it sounds like they figured it out OK.

Brownsville Marina is a good spot. Two bucks to launch includes 72 hours parking. We went back Sunday night and stayed so I could talk to the habormaster about parking all week. No problem - just fill out the long term parking form and he puts it on the clipboard so the securtity guys won't have the rig towed. No charge. Nice folks, neat spot.

Seattle was fun. We enjoyed as much as I could afford and went home on Thursday. The Sound was like glass going back across. We saw most of the touristy stuff and had lunch at the top of that Needle gizmo. Thanks to Brock and Roger B for the dock visits and gifts, and thanks to Pat and Patty who came down to see us and then took the whole crew out to dinner. Nice folks up that way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: