View previous topic :: View next topic  
squidslayer

City/Region: El Sobrante
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: ShirleyMae
Photos: Shirley Mae
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Crab Limits @Dux...San Francisco Reply with quote

The weather finally was nice enough to pull my crab pots that have been soaking for a week with.... so so... bait off Dux buoy....of 9 pots 4 were empty with the doors open..theives or equip failure...
5 others had 22 legal to jumbo sized...only 2 were female...the jumbo"s were in the pots that had a can of "Friskies Ocean blend" cat food!!! hmmmm maybe on to something...also one pot had some FAT Shrimp that swam out as I pulled it out of the water...I thought they were crayfish at first...hmmmmm...shrimp traps???in order???
The ocean was nice at 3pm off DUX...the bay was tore up.
The new TomCat ate up the WW in the bay...sooo nice compared to my old boat... a 22 ft C-dory angler......STABLE like a gyroscope when pulling up pots..
Real world fuel consumption with the TomCat overall Berkeley to past Dux and back... 21 gallons...... speed up to 27 kts...44 miles RT.....this is with FULL FUEL tanks..150 gallons...Water...two people,,full gear ..Plastimo life raft canister.ect...Best 2.4 MPG at 19kts...Worst 1.7Mpg at 27 kts....I guess it boils down to Time or $$$.... which is more important..
All ready and sea trialed for SALMON OPENER!! April 7
With the Permatrims I was able to stay on plane...with the tunnel open as low as 8 kts.....with it trimed UP past neutral...

Dick
255 TomCat
"Shirley Mae"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: