The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New C-Ranger 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Dog

City/Region: Ridgefield
State or Province: WA
Photos: Mood Magic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: New C-Ranger 25 Reply with quote

Hi - here's a new post from a new owner. My wife and I first saw the C-Ranger 25 at last fall's Seattle Boat Show. After a couple of days of pestering Ranger Jeff, John Livingston and the Lake Union Sea Ray sales people, we ordered one. Someone mentioned this site and the C-Brats and I've been browsing it ever since. The activity level, information content and helpfulness displayed are extremely impressive.

Mood Magic has a blue hull and the 110 hp Yanmar diesel. It's the first one they've built without the mast. Electronics will be added starting next week.

Mood Magic will be kept in an RV/boat storage facility in Vancouver, Wa, and mostly trailered up to Puget Sound and north with the Columbia River and places south less frequent choices.

We had hoped to get to the C-Brat gathering at the latest Seattle Boat Show but a whole bunch of previous commitments kept us from attending and will keep us mostly off the water for the next couple of months. Really, really, really poor planning on my part to take delivery on a new boat at a time when we are not be able to use it. A real bummer but then the weather has been awful and I'm not waiting - I have it. We will make the gathering in Bellingham if not something before then.

Information gleaned from this site has helped, influenced and / or confirmed several outfitting decisions. More will follow I'm sure. Thanks all for that. I will eventually reciprocate with pictures and some performance data on the C-25.

Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard,

As the Ranger 25's come rolling off the assembly line there will be more and more information to share between the new owners. Jeff (aka Ranger Jeff) has already made his "new" presence known and we appreciate and welcome him and you.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Old Dog!

I'll bet our CR25 is right behind yours at the Factory - we expect delivery second week of March, then it goes to Sea Ray for check out and bottom paint. Are you driving up (in what?) to pick yours up?

Mac
Old Dog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mac,

The boat is in Vancouver. We towed it down here last week with a Dodge Ram 2500. Nice easy tow.

We got a late start out of Fife so drove to Olympia where we planned to launch for a brief journey the next morning. Unfortunately, we weren't prepared for 33 degrees and snow showers, wimped out and drove on home.
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Old Dog

Hopefully we'll see on you on the highway to the San Juans this summer. We love boating up there and on the Columbia!

John

oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Dog – welcome to the site and congratulations on your new boat.

I really like the name Mood Magic, good name for a boat.

There is a gathering at Cathlamet the 14th & 15th of April. It would be nice if you could make it.

_________
Dave
Lizzie G

City/Region: Portland
Vessel Name: Lizzie G
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. Lizzie G is docked right across the Columbia River from you on Hayden Island. Hope to see you on the river.
C-Sick

City/Region: Renton
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Gratitude
Photos: C-Sick
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Keep Us Posted Reply with quote

Old Dog - Kim and I are waiting for a May delivery. We will be so anxious to hear every little detail that you discover about your boat. It sounds like that there is going to be a whole slug of tugs in the area.
Old Dog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mood Magic is in Portland, Oregon (suburb of Vancouver, Wa) this week getting "outfitted". My only suggestion to new owners/potential buyers of the C-Ranger is to work with Ranger Jeff and get as much done as practical by the factory. 'Tis a compromise for everyone - custom work slows down production, what they will do may not be what you want, but.... At the time my boat was in production, choices were a bit more limited then they are today and I had some definite ideas on what I wanted so more is being done after delivery then would probably be done if I was ordering today. It is disheartening to say the least to see how much has to be disassembled to install things.

We are having the Raymarine C80 chartplotter installed, no fish finder, a depth sounder, Raymarine autopilot, two additional house batteries and a Magnum inverter. The depth sounder display, ST6002 autopilot control unit, and control panel for the inverter are all being mounted above the windshield on a piece of teak slanted slightly down. Should look good.

Since there is little chance we will ever use the under the dinette bunk except for storage, we are having the inverter mounted on the aft bulkhead inside. A child could still use the bunk, I suppose, but more importantly there is no chance the inverter will get wet. Leaves just a bit more storage space outside which is a good thing.

Will add photos when it's done.
Lizzie G

City/Region: Portland
Vessel Name: Lizzie G
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: WOT Reply with quote

It was a beautiful day on the Columbia River today: about 70 degrees with no wind. I decided to take Lizzie G to WOT for the first time. The average from two runs with and against the currrent at 3600 rpm was 14.6 knots. This was with a full fuel tank and the water tank about half full.
Old Dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizzie G -

Missed you out there by a day. Launched Mood Magic into the Columbia by the airport late Friday morning to calibrate compasses and let the autopilot learn to do it's thing. All went well. Have used the C80 Raymarine chart plotter before and liked it so expect to be happy with that choice. Also have had the Raymarine 6002 autopilot before and like it.

Did not go WOT but will at the next opportunity. Was not paying much attention to speed.

Waiting for a couple nice days when schedules permit to go up to the south Sound to fully check all systems and make a lot of decisions. So much to do - so much fun to be had - so little time.

See you on the river some day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: