The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

One more question for Ranger Jeff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: One more question for Ranger Jeff Reply with quote

Ranger Jeff,
One more question........I ask it here because the brats will want to know as well. What does the extra hookup cable from the trailer that goes into the anchor rope locker do? A Wefing tech said it was to turn the white deck lites on for traveling at night. I don't believe it. White side and stern lites would be illegal. Would it charge batteries on the boat?

A book on how the boat would sure be a plus.

Captd

2007 25 R Ranger (Mis Dee) sold 2008
2009 25 R Ranger (Lucky Fin) sold
1994 22 ft C-Dory ( Kon Tiki )
davehogue555

City/Region: Cibolo
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Soulmate
Photos: Soulmate
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my R21 that cable connects the tail/brake lights of the trailer to some very bright little lights (I don't know the name of the type of light) on the boat, two red ones on the stern for brake lights, and two amber ones on the sides about half way back for flashers. They are located up near the gunwale and are almost invisible until lit up. Don't know if the R25 has them or not.
Dave
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the boat show I was told that they connect the trailering lights that are mounted on the boat - like truck trailer lights. They had them illuminated at the show, looked pretty good.

mac
Old Dog

City/Region: Ridgefield
Photos: Mood Magic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captd -

The comments you've been getting are right. The trailer brake/running/turn signals are connected through a single cable that enters the boat at the anchor locker. Not only does it power up the trailer but small lights on the boat like mentioned for the R21. It does look good and I've been towing with lights on - not that the boat on a trailer is inconspicuous or anything.

Mood Magic came from the factory with a long wiring cable that would have had to be stored in the anchor locker. All I could see when I saw it was connector sitting under dripping saltwater chain - new connector a week. The dealer agreed and spliced a connector with wires long enough to allow it to be replaced without too much trouble but short enough to stay out of the way at the top of the anchor locker. They then made a short pigtail long enough to go from the anchor locker over the front of the boat to connect to the wiring from the trailer. This pigtail will need to be stored inside when not connected but it ought to last a lot longer this way.

You are absolutely right that a book on the boat would be very useful but I think most probably, we - meaning the first batch of owners - will end up writing our own as we go along. This forum looks like out best bet and maybe we should start a topic aimed directly at compiling a boat manual.
Anyway - that's a thought.

Lousy weather, previous commitments and other circumstances have conspired to keep me off the water but we are getting close. I'm sure we will discover a lot in the first few days of serious use.

Ranger Jeff
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

City/Region: Kent
Photos: Ranger Factory Album
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments that are above regarding the pigtail and LED clearance lights are accurate. We understand the need for an owners manual, and will be working on one in the near future.

Jeff

25802 Pacific Highway South
Kent, WA 98032
Office 253 839 5213
Cell 206 940 0571
e-mail jeffmessmer@rangertugs.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: