The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Great source for Fibergalss structural components

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alasgun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Great source for Fibergalss structural components Reply with quote

One of my winter projects has been the creation of a pair of downriggers for Huda Thunkit. Needing fiberglass rod for the arms, I spent some time on the butt mall and came up with a real home run.
Max-Gain Systems inc (www.mgs4u.com) is a Georgia based company selling both retail and wholesale structural components along with a ton of ham radio related items. They sell to both marine and aviation O.E.M's and were a pleasure to deal with. The product line includes solid round as well as square and round tube. Their price beat anyone elses I had found and they will ship Parcel Post if you ask. All in all it ended up being one of those outfits worthy of mention to the folks in Dorydom. I dealt with a fellow named Allen.
Mike on Huda Thunkit Wink

Last edited by Alasgun on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me get this right, you are making downriggers? why? they are not that much. I would be empressed if you can make on cheaper and better then cannon, scotty or penn. Manual ones on ebay are really cheap and if you watch the yard sale ads I have gotten them for nothing and resold on ebay. Please send pics.
Alasgun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Great source for fiberglass structural*** Reply with quote

Rest assured, upon completion there will be pictures. Be equally sure that no current manufacturer makes a unit this light weight, corrosion resistant or as strong as these nor as precise! No one makes units specifically designed for my C-dory either, and lastly, when was the last time you ever got a Machinist to change his mind once his project was underway? I am fully aware how cheap they could be if purchased but this is more about how many many man hours I can sink into them than anything else. I suppose ego has a little to do with it as well, and by the way, wasn't this thread about me turning you on to a good supplier?
Your gonna have to wait till spring for much more on this project but if you decide to build some of your own you now know where you can get some of your components. Smile
Mike on Huda Thunkit
Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link above is miss spelled...here is a corrected hot link to the supplier of fiberglass goodies.

http://www.mgs4u.com/

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: