View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Vacation advice for the caymans Reply with quote

Well susan has got it in her mind to feed my to the sharks. Weare spending two weeks in the caymans during april and may. The plan so far is to stay at the sunset house on Grand cayman for the first week. The Sunset house is hosting a padi total imerrsion week. Seven days of two tank morning dives and unlimited shore diving after lunch. They also host parites and events after the diving with contest during the week. best photo, best screw up etc...

The second week we are planning to fly to little cayman and spend 5 days at the southern cross resort for two more days of diving and two days of guided fishing. One day of shore and one day on the flats. Plus we can just walk the flats by our selves in the after noon fishing on our own.

So heres where we need advice. Neither one of us has been here before. Should we off shore fish on the grand or the little cayman? We are having trouble finding info on the fishing other then the guides sites, which always say the fishing is good.

Has anyone here been to or heard opions about either one of these outfits?

How hard is it to get around Grand cayman if we want to spent a second week there fishing instead of going to little cayman?

I remeber earlier in the year that some one in the area bought and had shipped a c-dory to this coner of the world but can not find his info on the site? any clues??Any and all advice is welcomed

Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The C-Brat you are thinking about is :

Quote:
Avatar All about Hunky_Dory_Little_Cayman

Total posts: 12
[0.02% of total / 0.03 posts per day]
Find all posts by Hunky_Dory_Little_Cayman
City/Region: Little Cayman, Cayman Islands
Interests: Fishing, boating, scuba diving
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
HIN: CD022445K506
Power: 90 Honda
Color: Red
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
Photos: Hunky Dory

His Photo Album is here:http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Hunky_Dory_Little_Cayman&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
fisherkb

City/Region: Austin
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Slack Tide
Photos: C-Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I just returned from the Southern Cross Club on Little Cayman two weeks ago. We went to unwind and do a little diving. We both thought the Southern Cross Club was wonderful. Very relaxing, good food, and a great staff. Chris, the manager, went out of his way to make it a very enjoyable trip. World class diving -- Bloody Bay wall is spectacular. We went right after they reopened in October. Only about 10 guests in total with 5-8 on the dive boat. I would definitely go back. Having been to Grand and Brac, if you are interested in a laid back trip off the beaten trail then Little Cayman is it.

Karl
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the god report. Did youget any fishing done?? Susan has been reading all about the bloody wall. Its the whole reason for the side trip. After a week on grand diving everyday with the padi out fit I fiure a less crowded resort should be a good idea. I have just learned that a c-dory owner lives on little cayman. Iam going to email him to see what the fishing is like. this is our delayed honeymoon and a once in a life trip. I may never get the chance to bone fish again and want to make the most of it. Karl what is there to see or must see out of the water. I would hate to find out later that I was on the same island as the worlds largest whatever and never saw it.
Doug

City/Region: Canmore
State or Province: AB
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Cayman is definitely worth a visit, if only to see that there are sparsely populated areas of the Carribean. Don't know about fishing, but there are free bikes at the Sports Bar, and, once you're about half a mile from the airstrip, you're pretty much on your own. The bikes will take you all the way around the island, including Bloody Bay and more beaches. Take bug dope, mostly for the two hours around sunset, when things can be horrendous (best time for happy hour!). The antics of the Frigate birds attacking the poor Boobies is interesting. Take food and snacks, because there isn't much available except at the hotels. A walk through the cemetery is quite interesting. Mostly take an island attitude, because, except for the couple of hotels, which are primarily dive oriented, nobody gets upset about anything not happening in a hurry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: