View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Puffin

City/Region: Issaquah
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Puffin
Photos: C-Puffin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Met with Jeff at factory and went out on Dick Espe C-Dory 25 Reply with quote

As mentioned in a earlier thread we purchased a 25 C-Dory at this years boat show. Thought it might be a good idea to at least go out on one before I took delivery of ours. I have a lot of experience on boats but all have been deep or modified V hulls. I wanted to see how the C-Dory hull handled in some waves.

Well I guess you should be careful what you ask for, the conditons today were small craft warnings with the wind blowing 20- 30 mph. I again would like to thank Dick for going out in these conditoins. You could see the white caps from the parking lot but I did not appreciate how rough it was going to be until on the way out the spray was coming over the jetty and as soon as we got out in the open we were greeted by sets of 5+ foot waves that were very close together. We proceeded out for maybe 10 minutes before we turned around and headed back. The C-Dory handled the conditions well I thought and it is nice to know that if I should ever see conditions like that again I have an idea how the boat will handle it, although I do not plan on going out in small craft warnings too often if ever.

I also met with Jeff at the Kent factory to review our boat and options. Our boat is scheduled to start production at the end of the month and deliver in early May. I did not realize that the boats from the Monroe plant come down to Kent to be rigged. It looks like we'll be taking delivery in Kent and then taking the boat by water up to Twin Bridges for it's first inaugural trip. It was nice of Jeff to offer to travel with us to go over the boat on it's trip from Kent. This was my first trip to the factory, and I noticed that they have very limited space to work with. We found out they are looking to consolidate both plants into one large facility.

Just thought I would let everyone know about my first adventure on the C-Dory 25, with many more to come.

Scott and Laurie
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Met with Jeff at factory and went out on Dick Espe C-Dor Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! It is comforting to know, isn't it, that if you should happen to get caught out in the big waves you can handle it! It may not be real comfortable, but you can handle it. We had similar conditions returning from Prevost Harbor on Stuart Island last month, rockin' and rollin', everything that could fall did, two hours across from Stuart Island to Bellingham. Now you need a sea trial on a 25 on a nice CALM day! I think they OWE you that, no?
grouperdog wrote:

Well I guess you should be careful what you ask for, the conditons today were small craft warnings with the wind blowing 20- 30 mph. [snip] The C-Dory handled the conditions well I thought and it is nice to know that if I should ever see conditions like that again I have an idea how the boat will handle it, although I do not plan on going out in small craft warnings too often if ever.
[snip snip]

Just thought I would let everyone know about my first adventure on the C-Dory 25, with many more to come.

Scott and Laurie

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: