The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/20 - 10/22 - Gulf Coast Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alok

City/Region: League City
State or Province: TX
Photos: Top Cat
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the gathering but have been following this thread. Looks like you all had a blast.

Glen, Marc:

Charlie and I just pulled out our TC 255 this morning. We had a slight cross breeze and had a hard time getting the boat centered. We found that attaching the yellow bow strap, with one person winching while the other gently works the motors helped to keep the boat straight.

We do not have the side guiding poles. I think that those would help keep the stern centered in a cross wind. I am seriouly thinking about putting those on...

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks we plain lucked out. Despite Marc's saying that significant weather often missed the Apalachicola area--there was a tornado in down town Apalachicola Friday. Lets hope that Sherry and John's building is OK and that the damage was minimal.

We are headed back down that way this week--for the sea food festivle on Friday Sat and Sund! Any other C Dory folks comming down?

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tornado tears up properties near coast

Quote:
Power was expected to return today to homes and businesses in Apalachicola after a tornado Friday that hit a substation and several distribution and transmission lines, said Tanya Evans of Progress Energy.

As of Saturday night, about 1,600 homes and other structures were without power, which is all of the electric meters in the town.

Parts of the area had significant damage, said Chris Floyd of the Capital Area Chapter of the American Red Cross. Four families' homes were destroyed, nine others have major damage and 26 have minor damage, he said.

The tornado knocked some of the windows out at the George Weems Hospital and damaged the roof of a Burger King.

"It was a lot worse than Hurricane Dennis," Apalachicola resident Avril Proctor said. "Huge oak trees were falling; roofs were taken off."

Proctor was in Tallahassee when the tornado hit, but went at about midnight to pick up her daughter and saw the destruction. "It did a lot more damage than people realize," she said.

"It was a water spout that came ashore on Highway 98 around 26th Street, moved northeast and went through the center of Apalachicola before lifting," he said.

The tornado had a mile-long path and a 100-yard width. The NWS determined the storm was a tornado after the water spout moved on shore but has not determined where the storm falls on the five-point scale used to determine its strength.

John & Marc .....Report In...as soon as your puter...is up and running.

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke

Last edited by Papillon on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
416rigby

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Foggy Dew
Photos: Foggy Dew
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke with Marc on the phone and I'm happy to report he and Anita are just fine. John's home is fine as well.

He'll chime in here soon.

Rick

At last...home for good in the Great Northwest!

2001 22 Cruiser "Foggy Dew" 2006-2013
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for calling Rick ! First of all we are all ok here . An odd event for sure , I was here monitoring the weather on the computer with the Weather Underground's Nexrad on scroll with all the data I could look at . It showed nothing to be concerned with . Jeff and Cathy Brigner [ C Pearl, they cant get enough of this place ] were in town on the boat and I told them I would watch the weather and call them if they need to get off the boat and come over . They did . Well I heard some sirens and got a call on my cell about a tornado west of town just after the power went out .As storms go, it didnt seem like much by comparison from my point of view to a regular good ole summer storm. WRONG Roofs torn off, 70 year old oak and pecan trees ripped from the ground [my friend Brad's house was hit by a large oak tree and 1/2 destroyed] and there were 40 some houses affected with maybe 4 or 5 seriously damaged . It was a one and a half mile path of random damage .
But there was only one reported injury treated at the local emergency room immediately after the storm . 1 cleanup worker was fairly seriously injured [ broken pelvis I think ] clearing trees the next day . And thats all I have heard on injuries . Power was out for about 36 hours for most . We were very , very lucky . John's house is fine as well as only minor damage to the old Wefings building .
Marc Grove

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here Here Beer And we were blessed with fine weather for our gathering...

OK.... who was it that made the Key Lime Pies on their boat? Those were tooooooooo goooood to be true....or legal. Mr. Green

Good luck at the Sea Food Festival all who can make it. Sherryl and I will be in Jacksonville FL that weekend... I will be wishing I had my boat there.

Hummm?? Jacksonville C-Dory owners??

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up....haul me away in chains....legal or not...we enjoy fresh key lime pie on a regular basis. I am so glade that the folks at the geathering enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed bringing a piece of South Florida to you.
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh ... it is coming back to me know Mike.... you and Boo mixed up the pies.... and a great job you did at that. I truly enjoyed our time all thow it limited and during cooking times....but for sure we will hook up again soon. I really do wish time would have worked out where I could have made that river cruise with you guys. Rumor has it that it was not really fuel in the two red containers on your forward deck area.... Any confessions? Must have been the secret formulas for the pies... Mr. Green
Gene Morris

City/Region: Eureka CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Reef Madness
Photos: Reefmadness
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me that this gathering must have been for at least two weeks. No body can have that many meals in just two days.
Great photos and it looks like all had a wonderful time. I can't wait to participate in a gathering on the west coast. Thanks for the photos.

Gene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: