The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Honda Trim Gage question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alasgun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Honda Trim Gage question Reply with quote

On the dash, we have the factory mounted trim gage and when running in perfect seas with everything optimized the pointer is WAY low. Is it possible to adjust this item to run in the center (level) position? 25 ft/ 150 Honda. No information in the recently sent out owners manual nor on the net, I suppose I could impose on the local dealer but you're a lot more fun, Thanks Mike on Huda Thunkit
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run my Honda 150 with the engine trim all the way down. Just seems to ride best there. Then I use the trim tabs for the rest. I am pretty sure that Pat on Daydream does pretty much the same.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Stanley-J

City/Region: Highland, NY
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan- B
Photos: Stanley-J
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

I do the same on my twin Honda 75's. Set all the way down and fine tune to the GPS mph with the trim tabs
Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the same with my twin Yami 80's, all the way down is best performance. Tried them level with the bottom of the boat (recommended by most mfrs), then adjusted my extra large trim tabs to adjust the boat's attitude, not as efficient speed-wise at same throttle position. Have no idea why, eludes logic to me. Good news though, no pressure on the hydraulic tilt mechanism when it's down against the stops!
Corsair F-31 Trimaran 1996-2002
MacGregor 26X 1988-1996
Glaspar Seafair Sedan 18 (2)
StarCraft 19 & 22
Catalina 17 & 22
Crestliner 19
+4 Previous, 1/2 sail, 1/2 power
Grumpy Man

City/Region: Ferndale/Sandy Point
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Sass Sea Lady
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike;

If you have the boat out of the water and have the motor tilted all the way up you can find the trim sensor on the right side of the motor mounting bracket on the inside at about the same hight as the top mounting bolt. It is a black lever thingie that kinda rotates when the engine gets towards the bottom of its trim. You can turn the engine key to the on position and have someone watch the gauge as you move the black lever thingie back and forth to show that it is working properly. They sometimes get gummed up with salt if your boat has been out of the water for a while, so a little WD-40 and working the lever back and forth until free usually works. As for adjustment it is what it is. You can a resistors but you really don't want to go there.

Not much help but.........

Don

Sass Sea Lady
YSMB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: