City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of other questions you asked: Other comperable boats:
Rosoborough 246 (semidisplacement--usually slower, but with large engines can get up to the same speed).

There are a handfull of pilot house boats built in the PNW which are livable and trailerable.

Cape Cruiser --direct competition. There is an on going thread on other boats.

Glacier Bay 2690 Cat, World Cat 270 are Cats (expensive, but nearly as much accomidation).

The Admiral being bored...The Admiral needs to learn to operate the boat as well as you do. If anything were to happen to your, she has to get the boat back home safely. Marie had to take our 62 foot motor sailer over 100 miles by her self, to get medical help when I had a paralized leg. Fortunately she radioed ahead for friends to meet us at the dock to help with tying up, since it was a very tight situation, and some considerable beam winds. One of the best new innovations for us is Sirius Radio for entertainment. I like NRP, Marie likes the oldies's music--we both like Jazz and Classical. We carry some DVD's some "learning" CD's. and a 15" LCD TV. We always have about a dozen paper backs. Marie also is my navigator (and back up to be sure I don't make a wrong turn or mistake!--also her judgement on buying a boat is absolute).

We have crossed oceans and been at sea for 17 days, without being bored--so there is plenty to do, if nothing more than watching the bird life, scenery and fishing--in fact some times there is too much to do!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: