The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Webasto do-it-yourself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forty Two

City/Region: Prince William Sound
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Black Cat
Photos: Barrel O Monkeys
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Webasto do-it-yourself Reply with quote

I just bought a Webasto Blue Heat Marine do-it-yourself kit. It includes the Webasto heater, a fuel pump, ducts, wiriing, exhaust pipe, and about 15 little bags of parts and pieces. What it does not include is a parts list or any good instructions on how the pieces fit together.

This is way to expensive for me to treat as an expensive jig-saw puzzle, but that is about how it looks right now. Anybody else have a Webasto? Anybody have a parts list for it?

I bought the thing because the Wallas heater does not help at all for defogging the windows on those cold August mornings. Or September. Or October. But at this rate, it will be November before I get the thing figured out.

Any ideas or information would be appreciated.

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishbob-

My first reaction would be to see if the US importer or the German manufacturer had a website with an on-line Owners and/or Installation Manual.

If not I'd email them about it and ask for one.

Where did you buy it from? Do they have a manual or ????

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
gljjr

City/Region: Fall City
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Migratory Dory
Photos: gljjr
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found Webasto's website but the only literature I could find was the brochure.

Looks like a pretty cool setup. I might have to look into something like that. I have a RedDot heater on my 27 and have been thinking it would be nice to put in some defroster ducts. I might have to talk to my friend who designs the RedDot and see if he has some ideas.

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisbob,

I have the Webasto AT2000 and have just located the installation manual. It is pretty detailed. I will be happy to copy it and mail it to you if you will PM me with your mailing address. I'm not sure which Webasto comes with the do it yourself kit but this should give you some ideas anyway.

Forty Two

City/Region: Prince William Sound
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Black Cat
Photos: Barrel O Monkeys
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Webasto AT2000 from Fishery Supply in Seattle. It was about $200 less than the same kit from any other supplier I found.

The unit came with a 36 page manual, also available on-line, that does not include a parts list. Neither does the operations manual or the repair manual.

The kit includes about a dozen bags full of nuts, bolts, clamps, little electrical connectors, odd things I don't recognize, zip ties.

I have figured out what some of these things are for, but when I buy a jig-saw puzzle, I get the ones with a picture on the box. Webasto is looking into answers now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: