The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Replacement light lens

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Replacement light lens Reply with quote

From: colvosview (Original Message) Sent: 3/17/2003 4:54 PM
The lens on the cabin light over the door of my 1987 22' Angler is broken. I was just going to replace the entire unit with something similar, but realized that it's somewhat integral with the seal between the bulkhead and roof. Pulling the old one off and replacing it with something different could leave me cosmetically challenged! Does anyone have an idea about some translucent material that could be shaped into a replacement lens? Thanks

Nope, I don't have any suggestions as for material, but I like your thinking! I would suggest, however, an email to the C-Dory factory. It would not surprise me if they had some originals laying around.

One note of caution about emailing the CD factory. They are serious when they say they will not respond to sales related correspondence. When they reply to a technical question, they are very helpful, but on the two occasions I asked for advice on procuring parts, my emails were ignored. If you do write them, and do not hear back in a reasonable period, contact the nearest dealer and have them take care of it for you. Worked for me.

Good luck.

Mike

The one on the Father Goose was missing when I got the boat. Looked all over for a replacement or something to use as a cover. Found some Lexan sheets at Lowe's bought a 2 x 2 sheet for $2.49 and cut a peice out the size I needed and kind of rolled it in place. Covers the fixture and works good as a defusier. I broke the first one but heated the next one and it rolled into place.
If you do find the factory replacement that would be better, but this will work just fine.

Tony

I am missing the lens on my '86 Angler, too. If you find a replacement, I would appreciate it if you would post the info. Thanks.
Larry

If you are talking about the outside light, I think it was manufactured by Perko. Get on their website & get the e-mail address - send a picture of the light. If possible to get one, they will help.

Thanks Tony
I think I'll give the lexan a try. Or maybe next time I'm heading toward the airport, I'll stop by the factory. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I don't know if you still need this information but....

When we got our 1984 C-dory it did not have any covers on any of the lights. I looked at the light fixture and found the company name. I looked up the company on the internet and called them. They no longer make the fixture but looked in the store room and found a box of the covers. They sent me the box. I think I have a few spares left over so if anyone needs the old light covers let me know and we will see if these will work.

Welcome Don & Deb
It is good to see you on here. How is everything going? how is the neck and back? I would be interested in one of those light lenses, the one on the Sensei is kinda melted looking
Roger

Hey, Roger

Don is still not up to par. He is doing better but not up to putting the boat in the water yet. We will be heading up to Lopez to see you all but we will be staying at the Islander not in the boat. Les has said we could have a ride in his Tomcat so we are excited about that. I will bring a lense cover for you to Lopez if you are going to be there. If you are not going to make it, email me your address and I'll send it to you. I'm sending out one today to Larry and so I will only have one left to give away because Don says I need to keep a spare just in case. Deb

Deb and Don,
Thanks so much for sending the lens. I have looked everywhere for a similar sized replacement fixture without success. Someday I am going to have to make a trip to the west coast just to meet all you nice folks.
Larry

Deb and Don,
The lens arrived today and it is the correct one for my '86 Angler. Thanks again for your generosity and effort. I owe you.
Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: