Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned earlier on this thread, I've used the Canyon fish baqs extensively and like them. Now, I have to acknowledge that that dog-on engineer, DogOnDory Dan has come up with a better mouse trap. The cooler
rack w/the 120 qt. Igloo cooler is near perfect. Clears the cockpit completely , ten seconds of less to deploy, maintains access to the bilge/drain/storage area between the fuel tanks, etc. It's great. By golly, I'm going to have to take back all those things I said about engineers.

All my fish get bled promptly and with the salmon they go directly to the cooler. The rig get rebaited and immediately back in the water. Then the salmon goes on one of the stringers which is attached to a cleat on either side of the gunwales, adjacent to the rear cabin bulkhead, where it is promptly bled in the water. After throroughly bled the salmon go back in the cooler. I have a cuttting board I can attach to the starboard gunwale (using Scotty mts) and I filet all my salmon either as I'm fishing or when done fishing and the filets go into a small cooler with shaved ice.
Makes for a nice clean boat and works good for me.

With halibut, I won't keep a big hen, preferring to let them keep making babies. Sixty #'ers are about as big as I want to keep (rule of thumb) and they are bled on a stringer before seeing the cockpit of the boat.
I usually just leave them on a stringer ('s) until I'm ready to pack up and run for the barn.

I have pulled a lot of mods on 3rd Byte this year, but Dan's cooler rack has to be one of my favorites.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: