View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks to the factory guys... Reply with quote

Scott Mathews from the factory made the time to shoot some more photos of Wild Blue as she progresses... a real treat for those of us who live over 1000 miles away (and anxiously await each new image). Thank you, Scott and crew; she is progressing nicely! No longer topless, windows installed, and the bow rail... we can't wait to see her in person.

Best wishes,
Jim & Joan B.

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim and Joan... She is looking wonderful! It does feel great to see our boats coming around in the differant stages. And I too can appreciate the distance. I cringe sometimes when folks complain about a "3 hour drive each way...." Sad

But, one day....you will be strolling down the highway and have that feeling ya get when you drift off a bit and come too and see that boat about to run over you..... then, you just adjust the seat a bit, grin at yourself,.... and ponder the distance to the launch ramps....

Keep us posted.

Byrdman
TimOb

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Honu Kai
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
I was at the factory on Saturday and saw lots of boats. There was 1 blue 25'er that was almost done. It looked like it was getting pretty loaded. Engines were not yet installed. Anyway, they all looked fantastic. You're gonna love your new boat!

JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tim... 'cause I wasn't having enough trouble keeping my mind on work! Wink From the photos I received, there is plenty more to go. Sure wish we could be there in person to see the transformation. About the only custom thing we asked for was to have the Wallas mounted forward on the counter (towards the centerline of the boat)... did you notice that, by any chance? A nice suite of Raymarine electronics, the radar arch, the Honda, the windlass. Then to the canvas folks for the camperback with screens and eisenglass and a set of matching window covers.

I have 2 1/2 days of work left (on my shortened lunch break right now), and we are SO focused. Then, load up and head to our Texas home. I hope to be schedule-free by the 4th of July... how's that for an Independence Day? Very Happy Then we'll just wait for Scott or Jeff to call and say, "Come get this boat."

Best wishes,
Jim B.
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Good move on the mounting of the Wallas toward the centerline. We did the same thing on Valkyrie.

At the Lankfrod Gathering, some owners who came on our boat noted that they didn't have room for teak racks and other stuff behind their stove, because it was mounted so far toward the side of the boat.

I've seen them mounted in various locations. Maybe it depends on who is installing on what day.

Nick
"Valkyrie"
TimOb

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Honu Kai
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Sorry. If I get there again soon, I'll try to get some more pics for you. At least your boat is on order, not to mention your practically immediate retirement!

We are still deciding what to order. Realistically, we are looking forward to next season (and probably no earlier than mid season at that!). So, I have a few more months of candy shopping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: