View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Raymarine S1 Sportpilot #E12181 Reply with quote

I've heard tantalizing hints re: the new for 2006 Raymarine autopilot for mechanically steered outboard powered boats which is due to be released "this year."

The only hint on the Raymarine site is this PDF file and even then you have to scroll down to find it.

First found in the new Consumer Marine Electronics paper catalog, it seems to have disappeared on their site. Froogle comes up with a few vendors who claim to sell it but I think they're blowing smoke and hoping to get a few backorders going.

NMEA aware, Seatalk interface, adds MARPA capability to the C/E80's, and uses the ST6002 controller.

Max boat weight limit, 4400 lbs., so it's great for the C-22 mechanical steering crowd.

If anyone (especially you dealers) knows of a general time frame for release, please jump in.

Don
Yellowstone

City/Region: White Sulphur Springs
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Farwest II
Photos: Farwest III
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaks - I don't have any info on the newest Sport Pilot Plus but I have an older model which I had on my 1996 22' cruiser sitting in a box complete with wiring. instructions, compass, etc. It worked OK (rarely used it) but I went to hydraulic steering so I took it off. Anyone wants it in C-Dory land, just let me know. Will part with it for a fraction of cost. Also have a Flo-Scan for single motor sitting in a box. It also works fine. It is complete including wiring. Anyone need one let me know. Will also part with it real cheap. Give your money back if the stuff doesn't work.
No sense having it if it isn't being used.

Yellowstone

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yellowstone , give mea call or pmabout the flow scan. Will it work with a honda? does it inter face with my gps? the one in my brothers plane does.
Sneaks

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellowstone wrote:
Sneaks - I don't have any info on the newest Sport Pilot Plus but I have an older model Anyone wants it in C-Dory land, just let me know. Will part with it for a fraction of cost.
Yellowstone

Email on the way re: yer price etc., Yellowstone

As far as the FloScan, not needed here. I got a bug up to try to interface the Lowrance EP10 fuel flow sensor with the Raymarine C80 and so far it looks good in principle. The new C80 upgrade adds NMEA2000 and the sensor is NMEA2000 as well. So far I've collected the Seatalk2 cable, ordered the sensor and set up a custom page on the C80 for a single engine fuel flow meter. Sure hope I can get it to work without adding the Lowrance M200 meter. (my goal)

For the C80 owners, Chapter 9 in the newest update C80 manual covers engine data displays for NMEA2000/Seatalk2 data.

Don
Yellowstone

City/Region: White Sulphur Springs
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Farwest II
Photos: Farwest III
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaks - I sent you a message via your email address. Please let me know if you got it.
John
Tony

City/Region: Madeline Island, Lake Superior
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: No Frigen Riggen
Photos: Tony's Dory
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow stone whats this about a used autopilot??? I have a 22' and am looking for a simple autopilot. Tony
Sneaks

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellowstone wrote:
Sneaks - I sent you a message via your email address. Please let me know if you got it.
John

Nope, never got here (at least as of 1am 5/3) Try sneaks at pacbell.net
crucet

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Interested in your Sportpilot Reply with quote

Yellowstone wrote:
Sneaks - I don't have any info on the newest Sport Pilot Plus but I have an older model which I had on my 1996 22' cruiser sitting in a box complete with wiring. instructions, compass, etc. It worked OK (rarely used it) but I went to hydraulic steering so I took it off. Anyone wants it in C-Dory land, just let me know. Will part with it for a fraction of cost. Also have a Flo-Scan for single motor sitting in a box. It also works fine. It is complete including wiring. Anyone need one let me know. Will also part with it real cheap. Give your money back if the stuff doesn't work.
No sense having it if it isn't being used.

Yellowstone

I'm interested in your older Sportpilot plus. Please advise price and particulars. You can E-mail me at raysea3@verizon.net or call at 941-355-2221.

Thanks

Ray Crucet
Sarasota, FL
k3nlind

City/Region: Layton
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Topkick
Photos: Topkick
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raymarine site says the SportPilot is no longer being distributed. Got me wondering why... So I sent them this email:

"Why has Raymarine discontinued production of the SportPilot? Are there problems with the product? Are they safety problems? Do you have a product that replaces the SportPilot for mechanically steered boats?"

Their response:

"The SportPilot was retired after a production run of almost 15 years and tens of thousands of units. The primary reason for retiring it was the inavailability of several major components used to manufacture it. A secondary factor was the fact that it is a design that goes back almost 20 years, and was in need of updating for today's boats.

From a timing perspective, unfortunately the supply of parts to build SportPilots ran out before we could introduce it replacement. We do have a design in the works for mechanically steered boats but it will not make its public debut for some time (6+ months......please do not hold me to that number though.) If you are in the immediate market for a new autopilot I would have to send you elsewhere.

If you would consider upgrading your steering system to hydraulic steering at the same time, that opens up a whole new world of possibilities including our S1000 Wireless pilot, and any of our S1G Based SmartPilot modular systems. Upgrading to hydraulics you would see a dramatic improvement in the boat's steering characteristics, and would also be looking at a significantly higher performing autopilot system."

E.C.H.O.

bcnu,

ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: