Pete in NY

City/Region: Western LI Sound, NY
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Miss Pam
Photos: Miss Pam
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mounted two small round black intermittent (small horn) button switches on either side of the gage, level horizontally to each other and the bottom of the gage. I got them at Boatersworld and only required a drillbit and drill (1/2"? or 5/8"?) the left one toggles between mpg and gph, the right one resets the gallons used to "0" after adding fuel. Getting the wires straight was the hardest part, but the harness plug on the back of the Floscan just plugs in so you can do the wiring without it being in the gage. Good luck, these gages are useful. Next step is wondering what prop to use once you get some feedback and the desire to get better fuel economy. Spending money on a boat never ends! (hole in the water into which you throw in $)

Pete in NY
Adeline

City/Region: Vancouver
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Adeline
Photos: Adeline
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not wanting to make another hole
As I considered my options two things were on my mind. First, whatever I selected I wanted to be sure they it could be easily seen and operated. Second, I was never able to warm to the idea of another hole in the "dash". Happily, I found a solution. and here First, I made a cardboard template of the 3100 and had Tap Plastics ln Portland fabricate two pieces out of black acrylic. One 1/2" thick and the other 1/4" thick(3/4" total). They even cut the hole for me. $10.35 total. Then I glued the pieces together with Testors Modeling Glue. Next, I needed a bracket that I could adapt and the Raymarine DS500X Fishfinder was close. The good folks at Rodgers Marine Electronics in Portland simply gave one to me. Finally I found my knobs in the Hillman Drawers at my local True-Value Hardware Store. $1.60 each and some rubber washers and I was set. I tapped two #10-32 holes in the acrylic and after a little cutting, grinding, filing, and painting I had my bracket.

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the Navman 2100 on previous boats and will use it on the Tom Cat 255. (one for each tank)---Although MPG is nice--I find that gallons an hour, and a quick mental calcuation works well with the GPS miles. The cost discounted is usually less than $150 each--and easily read from most angles. I am also interested in how much fuel I have used--not wanting to rely on fuel guages which are notoriously unreliable.

Any fuel meter will help to determine the most effecient trim and speeds--you may be surprised at the results, and the amount of $$$ saved in a year!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fuel Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: