HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Fiberglass Repair Recommendation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-run Cutt

City/Region: Olympia
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Fiberglass Repair Recommendation? Reply with quote

Hello folks!

I’ve been enjoying your site for years, and have finally gotten my hands on a 22-ft angler, 1982. I suspect some fiberglass work is in order – the transom is a bit soft in places. Can anyone recommend a local (Seattle WA, or thereabouts) fiberglass repair outfit that could give the boat a good once-over, tell me what I need (but not more than what I need), and quote a reasonable price?

I appreciate your insight and experience!

C-run Cutt
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! You could take your vessel to the C-Dory factory and have them "check it out" for you and if they feel repairs are in order, get a quote from them.
C-Brat #16
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Repair Recommendation? Reply with quote

You might PM Roger Johnson (Sensei), who knows all all about soft spots in the transom of an 80s vintage C-Dory. I think he just had those repairs made at C-Dory a little while ago. I am pretty sure it is more than just glass - but it is repairable. I would not wait though, you don't want the outboard falling off one day! The C-Dory factory will not give you more than you need, and they are the experts on it. You are lucky in that you live relatively close to the factory, too. Just my $0.02 worth...and welcome aboard!

C-run Cutt wrote:
Hello folks!

I’ve been enjoying your site for years, and have finally gotten my hands on a 22-ft angler, 1982. I suspect some fiberglass work is in order – the transom is a bit soft in places. Can anyone recommend a local (Seattle WA, or thereabouts) fiberglass repair outfit that could give the boat a good once-over, tell me what I need (but not more than what I need), and quote a reasonable price?

I appreciate your insight and experience!

C-run Cutt

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: