starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flashing red light does not always mean over heating. It just means the stove did not fire up and Its in the shut down mode. the two most often problems when you get a red light are 1) no fuel. 2) low voltage. i always start my stove with the lid up and have far fewer problems with it then with lid down. having the lid down draws a lot of voltage. also always have the engine running when starting the wallas. after start up you can shut off the engine and the wallas will run all night. as for the fuel, any time I pull the fuel line out of the bottle to re fuel I have to re-prime the pump. to re-prime I do two things. one give the fuel bottle a little squeeze to get fuel up to the pump. now start the wallas and wait for the light to start blinking. now turn it off and unplug the main power cord to the wallas. ( right side of the circut board near the fuse. count to ten,re plug and re start. you have to turn the switch to off before you unplug and bck to on after you replug. you can feel the pump, pump, if you have your hand on it. if it fires it will keep pumping if not it will shut down and enter cool off mode, which takes 5 mins or more. I just repeat the unpluging, count to ten and re plug until it lights. you have to have a slot cut in the front of your cabinet in order for the wallas to get enough air flow to fire up. if not it will shut down. I cut a hole and found a grill at the r.v. shop that matched. Well I should say i found a grill and then cut a hole . Lot easier that way.
dogon dory

State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeff and Julie

City/Region: Juneau, AK
Vessel Name: Atka
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all of the great information!
We went down yesterday to check the voltage and our meter was out of batteries! Cry
Well, we started the stove and right away there was a loud whine/squealing noise. We raised the hood and the noise is actually coming from the stove itself. We turned it off right away.
I think I will be calling ScanMarine today.

Julie
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the noise is the combutions camber fan. it runs for a little while at the start up. if it sound funny make sure nothing has been sucked up into it. The best thing you can do about your wallas is take it out. really take it out and see how it works. i took mine apart three times right after i got it. I ended up taking it to scan marine and was not happy with the answers I was getting. so I took the whole thing out and apart to see how it worked. I learned alot. I ended up adjusting the pump flow to get the heat that I wanted. I was also getting a lot of soot in the combustion chamber due to low air flow for the amount of fuel. I had to clean the heat sensor that was sooted up and not reading the heat from the heat element and stopping the start up cycle. I wish they would print up a real manual for these things.
Jeff and Julie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we checked the voltage today and it is 12.84 so that seems right in line with where it should be. Our next step will be to try the thermostat thing that Dan suggested and the priming steps that Tom detailed. I guess after that we will have to take it apart.
We appreciate all of the suggestions!!

Jeff and Julie
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe need to designate certain folks as resource persons in certain areas where difficulties are common or detailed information is frequently sought. These folks could also be very familiar with the archived information on their specific topics to be able to refer questions to the best sources quickly!

We could certainly find several peple who know the Wallas well!

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Jeff and Julie

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone else with one of the new stoves is having the same troubles.
We took the stove up to Karl at ScanMarine yesterday. He had the stove running for 1 1/2 hours with no problems. Of course, it works perfectly for someone else!
Well, I went to pick it up today and brought the hood along with me. The fan in the hood has been vibrating very noisily. Karl said that they have not had any problems yet with the new hoods. He hooked up the stove and attached the hood and fired it up. The hood started its noise within a few seconds. He said that they will have to give me a new hood and that he thinks it is the fan.
At that point, the stove was still chuggin along just fine. He was just about to shut it down when it started whining (Karl advised me that this is a "whirling" noise) and the flame shot up. Karl was a little baffled and said that he doesn't think it is the fan and they will have to keep it a little longer!
He sure is a great person to work with and I am certain that he will figure out the problem probably by tomorrow. I am just glad the problem showed itself for them!!

Julie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: