The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

EZ Loader EZ19-22/24 Trailer Adjustments for CD-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt'n Bill

City/Region: Big Island
State or Province: HI
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Malia Kai
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: EZ Loader EZ19-22/24 Trailer Adjustments for CD-22 Reply with quote

I just purchased my 22' C-Dory Cruiser and, after doing some reading it appears that the boat is not sitting on the trailer properly. The transom is hanging off the back of the trailer unsupported by about 20 inches. From what I have read this can cause stress and deformity of the hull due to the weight of the transom & motors. I have an EZ Loader EZ19-22/24 single axle roller trailer that looks like is designed for a boat length of 22 feet maximum. It looks like I can make some adjustments by moving my winch stand forward by about 12 inches or so, which would at least leave only about 6 inches or so of the transom hanging off the back. However, this would increase my tongue weight, and I am concerned that the tongue weight on my trailer is already marginal, so I would also have to move the axle forward to compensate for this.

While I realize that the weight distribution on different boats is going to vary, I was wondering whether anybody else had the same trailer/boat set-up as me and knows that their tongue weight is in the acceptable range. If so, is your winch stand all the way forward? Does your transom hang off the back of the trailer? If your winch stand is all of the way forward, could you measure how far forward from the very rear of your trailer and how far back from your winch stand your axle is?

Would appreciate any help on this. Haven't had much luck getting advice from the local trailer dealers over here.

Bill S.
Big Island, HI[/i]
Rabidfish
Dealer

City/Region: Noblesville, Indiana
State or Province: IN
Vessel Name: Les Poisson Enrage'
Photos: Rabidfish
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendation is to first fit the boat to the trailer.

The boat should be able to move forward enough to get the transom within just an inch or so of the bunks.

One you have this set, then you need to move the axle carriage forward to set the tongue weight to approx 10% of the total package weight.

I don't have the actual dimensions offhand, but you'll find the center of the axle to be just behind the aft end of the cabin.

This will get you relatively close. You'll need to fine tune to fit your needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: