City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

Dusty-

thanks for the 5CD history. You buy CDs like I buy tools. Glad they're not as expensive as boats. Have had lots of boats but never turned them over that fast. Had an Aircraft Carrier and a Guided Missile Destroyer in my past too, glad I didn't have to make payments on those suckers.

My current boat is a 94 CD 22 that I bought from a guy that hadn't used it in 5 years (illness in the family). It sat in a marina at the end of our street where I saw it in Dec 02. It has twin Honda 45 4 strokes on it (eat your hearts out those of you who are trying to decide between a 40 and a 50, I've got the best of both worlds). The boat/engines only had 240 hours on them and the trailer had never been registered (nor did the previous owner pay tax on it and I can't figure out how to get it registered, a long story). Anyway, only paid 15K for this beauty and have enjoyed it for one season so far.

Latest escapade is with a marine dealer in the Northern Neck of VA where I took it in Nov 03 to winterize both engines/change oil/filter and fix a lack of cooling water problem on the port engine, even though I had just done an ICW cruise for a week. See the album. He ended up not only doing that but replaced a bunch of other stuff, anodes/both water pumps (one may have needed it although they were both rebuilt last season) and rebuilt all 6 carbs, even though I had that done right after I bought the boat. Long story short, bill $1200, small claims court threatened, paid $600 and brought Captains Choice home today. Lots of stuff I probably would have done but they never called! Lesson learned by both of us.

I love the boat, have a great spot about 30 minutes fromthe Chesapeake and am trying to get a bunch of us together here, envy your camaradarie on the left coast.

Stay warm, spring is just around the corner!

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: