The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Petaluma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flip

City/Region: Potter Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pooch
Photos: Pooch
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Petaluma Reply with quote

Hi all, we were in Petaluma the other day to check out where you all would be over-nighting. I took a few pictures and also marked the location on our Garmin, N 38 14.057 W 122 38.362 We hope to be in the area when you are there and meet up with some of the friendly c-brats in person. We would have loved making this trip but are very new to boating and felt this adventure would have been way beyond our skill level that being pretty much 0. Maybe next year.
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip - I can't think of a better way to REALLY learn how to operate the boat than going on a cruise with a bunch of the C-Brats. Give yourself some credit, you can do it and I'm sure all those other fine folk would be happy to lend a hand. You might even convince someone with lots of experience to come aboard and show you docking etc. by example. The first few weeks I had my boat, docking was a touch-and-go experience - now, it's a piece of cake. Don't be too afraid to go.
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip-

Thanks for the pictures of where we are going! I have never been there before. The pictures look great.

Hope you can stop by and see us when we are in Petaluma. We would love to meet you.

I know it is a several hour run up the river from the mouth. We also have to have one bridge raised for us on the way up. Should be very exciting. Latitude 38 gives this destination rave reviews as a place to check out by water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: