View previous topic :: View next topic  
New Hampshire Guy
Dealer

City/Region: Meredith
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Photos: New Hampshire Guy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: New England news coverage// C-Dory Boatshow Review Reply with quote

Dear BRATS,
This came out yesterday in the Boston paper. I was interviewed by a great guy who knew nothing about boats, but was writing for a series for "things to do in New England on the weekend" and was visiting the Foxboro (go Patriots) Boatshow. We were the only boat featured as the show had about 100 bowriders and 100 center consoles and 3 C-Dorys. What would you pick?
As with anyone who has been interviewed by the press, let me say for the record that MANY of the things were paraphrased. I KNOW there are mistakes. Please be kind in your critiques, as I claim innocence from the outset.
The most important, for my reputation and safety, is that I did NOT call Redfox crazy. I hinted that I wouldn't do some of the things he has done, which is true. Also the idea that he is out there moving Icebergs with his boat was gleaned from photo evidence and not by word of mouth.
So the BRATS get a nice (though short for the amount of time I plugged us) mention. Read and enjoy!

And if I lose the dealership over this I hope I am still welcome at the functions...

Fair Winds,
John
Y-Landing

http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2006/03/30/sports/sports06.txt
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story, John. Great to have a C-Dory dealer in New Hampshire and to see more C-Dorys sprouting up along the coast of Maine. When we had the first C-Dory New England Gathering a few years ago in Bath, Maine we had a grand total of 4 boats, and 2 weren't from New England!
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story and good advertising too John, congratulations. As for Red Fox being a little nutso, guess you'd have to be to do some of the stuff he's done, that's why we all love him!! Love

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Patriot Ledger Article Reply with quote

Well Done, John.

It's nice to see some publicity for our little boats. And, I won't blame you for the inaccuracies (here)! (Of course, I'll harass you at the next gathering!)

Rick from Maine
M1911

City/Region: Framingham, MA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As with anyone who has been interviewed by the press, let me say for the record that MANY of the things were paraphrased.
If they were only paraphrased, then either 1) you were extremely lucky, or 2) you are being way too generous to the reporter. My experience with a small, no-name newspaper that you've never heard of before (The New York Times) was more along the lines of "made up out of whole cloth."
iggy

City/Region: Hillsboro, OR
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Edward Gallaher
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting article. It's kind of easy to read between the lines re the 'paraphrasing' at times.

It's surprising how we 'mostly' rely on what we read in the papers when we don't know any better. My dad was in law enforcement, and as kids we often read about 'situations' he was involved in, either directly or peripherally. EVERY article had mistakes in it! Usually minor, like spelling of names, or other details, but it makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Anyway, it was a great article, and compared with the mindless profusion of bowriders and wakeboard boats, we have to give the writer credit for seeing through the clutter and recognizing the real deal!

e.g.
ffheap

City/Region: Hingham
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Inn-The-Water
Photos: Inn-The-Water
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

While Sheila and I visited John and Dave at the Foxboro Show, when we walked around, Sheila remarked that the C-Dory had more people interested than all the other boats put together. I ran into an old high school class mate who was selling another boat. When he found out that I already owned a C-dory, he just walked away. From him, it was a complement. He had already been observing the action at the C-Dory Booth.

We do have a winner.

John should not worry on what was said. After all, the story said that we had 10 boats on the Erie Canal last fall. I counted 7 22' and 1 16'.

I have to agree that RED FOX is different. Maybe he is normal, and we are a little timid!!!

Fred Heap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Dinghys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: