Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teflonmom

City/Region: Red Lion
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Snickers AUG 08
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Dinks for the 22 C Dory Reply with quote

Hi All,

We do not have a dink for our C Dory. I am still considering. Has anyony used the cheap light Sevelor Kayaks? I think they make them from vinyl and also a coated fabric. Last year we saw a C Dory with one of the very short dinks sold by West Marine for about 299.00. I was not able to speak with the owners to find out how they liked it.

We have owned several inflatable dinks over the years, but , evan our last 8 footer with the air floor was about 45 lbs. We used this with our Rosborough 245 and it was two man job to load on the top at a dock. I sold it as we felt it was too big for the C Dory.

Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two 2-person Seyvlor kayaks, I like them very much, but only in the summer with nice warm water! I wouldn't consider them for a dink to shore and back unless in my swim trunks, a little too tippy and prone to get wet, even from your own paddles! But hey, some people are hardier than I...!

Steve
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a Seyvlor Colorado Canoe and we like it but it wasn't cheap. It fits nicely on top of the 25 if you have a low arch, which we did when we bought it. However, since we changed to a high arch we are considering going with a different dinghy. We like the one like David on Anna Leigh has. It looks like it fits perfectly under a high arch and very well porportioned on the 25. It doesn't hang over the top at all that I can remember. David said he hasn't had any problems getting it back on the boat after he's used it, which is something we've been concerned about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Dinghys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: