The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

20th Annual Delta and Bay Extravaganza
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olsurfdog

City/Region: Carmel Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Summer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d like to join this years adventure- my question about bringing my dog ( my main shipmate) has been answered. Not sure if my son will be able to join us but hopefully he’ll be able to. Been wanting to do this and it looks like it’s now or never!
Thanks, Michael Largent

Because I was where I was
Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Karl wrote: Congrats on the tuna, that will be great eating. I'm looking forward to the trip and a few pointers on striper fishing.

Hi Karl, glad you’ll be joining us, it will be a trip you’ll remember for sure. On the striper fishing, I can say a few words. In many years past, we have tried very exotic bait tying and presentation, but when they’re not hungry, it doesn’t seem to matter. In the last couple of years, the stripers have been super hungry at the Wheeler Island water pump outlet. When this occurs, they’ll bite on almost anything. Just for grins, I used a Walmart plastic, twin tailed, shrimp (maybe 3” long) with a light lead-head, we caught so many 4-6 pounders, we had to stop fishing because we didn’t have a freezer on board to take them home. Maybe it was a fluke, but that’s what happened. Everybody caught fish.

Corsair F-31 Trimaran 1996-2002
MacGregor 26X 1988-1996
Glaspar Seafair Sedan 18 (2)
StarCraft 19 & 22
Catalina 17 & 22
Crestliner 19
+4 Previous, 1/2 sail, 1/2 power
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Michael. We are happy you can come.

We now have ten vessels signed up as follows:

1. Pounder – Jim & Kath
2. Dinner Belle II – John & Robin
3. Dora Jean – Steve & Carmen
4. Sea Spray – Steve & Karen
5. Slack Time – John & Laurie
6. Far C’r – Floyd & Elko
7. NautiCat – Sean & Maddy
8. Octopus – Erdem & Deborah
9. Nowhere Fast – Karl & Dog
10. Olsurfdog – Michael & Son & Dog.

We have reached the maximum number of boats for this adventure, but if you still want to go, I would sign up on the waiting list, as inevitably one or more boats drop out before the event starts, for whatever reasons.

The waiting list starts here, and it is ordered by the sign-up time and date. I just got an inquiry about this event from a Jim in Florida. Wow, that is showing some interest,

I will post more on this event on March 11, after I come back from skiing, including information on marina fees, pot luck food assignments, and trip logistics.

We are very pleased with the turn out for our blow out 20th year!

Jim on M/V Pounder

Morning Star

City/Region: St. Petersburg
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Morning Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please put me on the waitlist. Thanks!
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The waiting list has started, Jim you would be more than welcome, coming from Florida, if some one drops out.

Waiting List

1. Morning Star - Jim & Cindi
2. ?
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herein is the final itinerary for our 20th Annual, Delta/Bay Extravaganza, 2024 C-Dory event. Our schedule will be two days at the Duck Club and two days at San Francisco South Beach Marina. (Petaluma is too silted and Sausalito is too hard to get a spot on the dock reserved.)

The SF Marina reservation was made a year ago to hold these days. Attendance for this event is closed due to the need to now confirm our SF marina reservations. There will be ten vessels attending this event.

There is a request for attendees to send an $80 check to me for SF marina reservations. There is also a request for food volunteers for the Thursday night potluck. All this is described below.

1. Wednesday, April 24th, Delta Marina, Rio Vista

Harbormaster Natalie Avila (707) 374-2315

• Launch fee of $15.00 to be paid individually, on check-in
• Vehicle and trailer parked in the gated lot at the end of the marina
• Parking, $5 per day, Wednesday to Sunday ($25), paid on check-in. Must get back by 3:00 PM Sunday to get truck and trailer out of storage.
• Pay total $40 ($15+$25) in cash to this Marina on check-in.

If you want to come a day early on Tuesday, April 23rd, the guest dockage is $1.25 per night. If you come earlier than Tuesday, please call Natalie and make a reservation. Those that come earlier can explore the Delta on their own, for example Walnut Grove and Sacramento.

Wednesday, April 24th, leave Rio Vista (Delta Marina) at 12:00 Noon, and arrive at Wheeler Island Duck Club, midafternoon. On Wednesday, Kath and I plan to launch our own vessel about 10:00 AM, at Rio Vista. We then will all leave Rio Vista, as a C-Dory Group, at Noon, and head down river to Wheeler Island.

2. Wednesday April 24th, and Thursday April 25th, Wheeler Island Private Duck Club

Jim’s cell phone (916) 799-0286

• Boats rafted double, boat-to-boat, at Club dock, 25-foot boats in first
• Bring enough boat fenders to raft up to the dock and for other boats to raft to you
• No shore power or water hookups
• Restrooms and showers in the clubhouse
• No marina fees!

We are staying two nights at the Duck Club (Wednesday night and Thursday night). Please bring your fishing gear and California fishing licenses to go fishing from the banks of the Duck Club on Wednesday and Thursday. Fishing is outstanding for stripers. Last year I caught more striped bass than any time in my lifetime.

John Eudy and Robin are hosting a gourmet BBQ dinner for everyone on Wednesday night. Kath and I are hosting a bacon and egg breakfast for everyone on Thursday morning.

For Thursday evening we are having a BBQ hamburger and striped bass pot luck. Kath and I will bring the hamburger for Thursday night. John Marshall will prepare the striped bass for us.

We need some food volunteers for the following items for our Thursday night potluck:

• Hamburger Buns and mustard, ketchup, and mannose
• Green salad and dressing
• Potato or Macaroni salad
• Chips and dip
• Corn on cob
• Desert of some type
• Desert of some type.

There are seven of you (Dora Jean, Sea Spray, Far C’R, NaudiCat, Octopus, Nowhere Fast, and Olsurfdog) whereby each of you can choose one of the above items, and make a contribution to our pot luck. Please plan on 22 people for food (includes the two caretakers of the Duck Club). Each party is responsible for their own drinks at the pot luck.

3. Friday, April 26th and Saturday, April 27th, San Francisco South Beach Harbor

Harbor Master Pallavi Talwar (415) 495-4911

• Cost of $35 per night, regardless of boat size (Prepaid)
• Non-refundable deposit, paid in advance, $10 per vessel (Prepaid)
• Rest rooms and showers
• Shore power and water hookups available (power adapter with a deposit)
• Everyone on “A” dock with assigned slip numbers (given later in trip).

Friday, April 26th, leave Duck Club by 8:00 AM (or earlier) and head to the Bay and on to SF South Beach Harbor. Our reservations are all set for South Beach Harbor for two nights.

On Friday and Saturday nights, we will have dinner at one of the casual nearby San Francisco neighborhood restaurants for those that are interested in attending.

4. Sunday, April 28th

Leave San Francisco at dawn’s early light, and return to Rio Vista to arrive before Noon. On Sunday, we will head non-stop back to Rio Vista. We should pull into the docks at Rio Vista, approximately 11:00 AM, Sunday morning.

Per tradition, anyone willing, is invited to have breakfast at the Strippers Restaurant in Rio Vista, curtesy of Jim and Kath, after we get our boats retrieved and put on their trailers. This is usually by about 1:00 PM, Sunday.

xxx

The above itinerary seems like a rigid schedule. In fact, anything can happen along the way to throw it off. Several years we were not able to meet our plan as scheduled, due to weather conditions.

In the Central/West Delta main channels and in San Pablo Bay, one wants to avoid together the incoming wind, and the outgoing tides, as they can be nasty enough, in combination, to even put a mighty C-Dory out-of- commission. Once you are West of Pittsburgh, the water channels become wider and bigger, and the wind is usually going to be coming at you from the West, and if the tide is going out, hang on for a rough passage!

For some years, we have lucked out with relatively calm weather, and we have been able to safely finish off the entire trip itinerary, as we originally planned it. However, in a few years we have had to modify our schedule.

Two years ago, it was absolutely hellacious coming back on the main channels. It was so rough that I could not even turn my boat around to go back and help someone. Luckily, Floyd was the hero of the day and got his boat turned around in storm conditions to help out.

For full disclosure, for the new attendees, this Extravaganza covers approximately 200 NM in five (5) days, and there is always unpredictability in weather and water conditions. The more experienced, competent, and relaxed Skippers have generally enjoyed this trip the most.

As always, each boat Captain is solely responsible for his/her own boat’s, and passenger’s, ultimate safety and well-being. Each Skipper is not to rely on the judgment (or lack thereof) of the Pack Commodore. It greatly helps the Group to show up with your vessel and engine(s) in good operating condition and with full tanks of fuel when you leave Rio Vista.

The C-Dory Group will communicate during this trip on VHF Channel 69. We will also monitor Channel 16.

xxx

This is our 20th time for this C-Dory cruise (and my last one arranging it) and we have always enjoyed ourselves, and the other attendees, or we would not keep doing it. We again look forward to the trip this year.

This year, like year’s past, we need to collect some marina reservation fees in advance. The advance marina reservation fees, per vessel, this year, like last year, are $80 for San Francisco ($35 x 2) + $10).

You will pay your own launch fees and parking costs (and overnight costs) at Rio Vista when you check-in there. The San Francisco marina must be paid in advance. There are no fees for our stay at Wheeler Island!

Please send a check for $80.00 to confirm your trip reservation. This fee is non-refundable, even if you do not show up, for whatever reason, as San Francisco will not refund it. Along with your check, please provide (1) the full first and last names for yourself and crew; (2) your vessel name; and (3) your vessel CF number. This information is used for marina reservations.

Also, for the SF marina you need to show your DMV boat registration and boat insurance papers. Please bring them.

Please send your $80 check, payable to Jim Gibson, along with the above requested information, to Jim Gibson, at 15 Noah Court, Sacramento, California, 95831. Please send your check by April 1, 2024 (about one month from now).

We have 10 boats signed up for this Extravaganza as follows:

1. Jim & Kath (Pounder)
2. John & Robin (Dinner Belle II)
3. Steve & Karen (Sea Spray)
4. John & Laurie (Slack Time)
5. Steve & Carmen (Dora-Jean)
6. Floyd & Eiko (Far C’r)
7. Sean & Maddy (NautiCat)
8. Erdem & Deborah (Octopus)
9. Karl & Dog (Nowhere Fast)
10. Michael & Son & Dog (Olsurfdog).

Thank you for attending this event. As always, we look forward to seeing everyone Wednesday, April 24th. Hopefully we will have reasonable weather this year.

If there are any questions, please call me. Kath and I are looking forward to another fun C-Dory gathering.

Sincerely,

Jim on M/V Pounder
Karl Konecny

City/Region: Glide
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Nowhere Fast
Photos: Nowhere Fast
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim, Just sent in my check. I'll provide chips and dip. If anyone has special preferences or particular dislikes, please let me know.
Karl

Bluechablis

City/Region: Redondo Beach
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Far C'r
Photos: Far C'r
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring the Potato Salad!

Far C'r - 2001 Cdory 22
Bluechablis - 1992 NorSea 27
Quarter Note - 1972 Cris Craft Sloop
Palantir - 1971 31 Mariner Ketch (Far Seer in Elvish)
Aphrodite - 42 Ft Schooner Jay Benford Design
olsurfdog

City/Region: Carmel Valley
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Summer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Sent my check off today. I’ll bring hamburger buns and mustard/Mayo/ketchup.
Thanks for putting this adventure together. Looking forward to the voyage and finally meeting some fellow C-Brats in person.
Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim, Dora~Jean will bring a Caesar Salad. I’ll mail the check tomorrow.
Thanks,

Steve
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve and Karen will bring the corn.
sean92056

City/Region: OCEANSIDE
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: NautiCat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean and Maddy will bring a dessert.

Sean

Erdem

City/Region: San Carlos
Vessel Name: Octopus
Photos: Octopus
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erdem & Deborah will bring the second desert. I have mailed my check today.

Erdem
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all the food volunteers. Everyone has signed up with an assignment as follows:

1. Michael & Noam w/dog “Tijuana Hank” (Summer): Hamburger buns, et. all
2. Steve & Carmen (Dora Jean): Caesar salad
3. Floyd & Eiko (Far C’r): Potato salad
4. Karl & Nancy w/dog “Tango” (Nowhere Fast): Chips and dip
5. Steve & Karen (Sea Spray): Corn on cob
6. Sean & Maddy (NautiCat): Desert
7. Erdem & Deborah (Octopus): Desert.

I have already received marina fees for the following six boats:

1. Dora Jean
2. Octopus
3. Nowhere Fast
4. Summer
5. Dinner Belle II
6. Slack Time.

I still need to receive marina fees for the following three boats:

1. Sea Spray
2. Far C’r
3. NautiCat.

Please send your marina fees by April 1st.

We are looking forward to this 20th Anniversary Event.
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now received checks from everybody for the Marina fees in San Francisco. Thank you to all for this follow-up. I appreciate it.

I will cash the checks soon as I have already prepaid our Marina fees. I will let everyone know their berth number at SF South Bay Marina on Friday, April 26th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday, April 24th.

Jim & Kath
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: