HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2023 C-Dory 22 Cruiser Charging Diagram

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LJM

City/Region: Lynch Station
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject: 2023 C-Dory 22 Cruiser Charging Diagram Reply with quote

Hello all!. About a year ago I tried to locate a charging diagram for my cd22. I called the mfg and was told they were working on one. I have checked their web page recently and still have not located one.

Attached is a charging diagram that I made after chasing wires down. I look forward to any comments especially if someone sees a glaring error.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

Scan Mar 11, 2024 at 17.57.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Scan Mar 11, 2024 at 17.57.pdf
 Filesize:  488.79 KB
 Downloaded:  51 Time(s)

ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find that there are a lot of differences in the electrical systems between boats. Some are rigged at the factory and some are rigged by the dealers. There is a wide range of possible configurations.

I don't have a diagram for my setup, but I know it is different from your schematic.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where to start. Do you have two house batteries?. If so how are they arranged and connected? Do you have a "on/Off" switch or "1,2,all, off switch? The battery output, except the starter, should have a fuse within 7 " of the battery. Most C Dory's have a 60 to 100 amp breaker, which all of the "house circuits go to. The starter should be fed directly off the engine start battery.

I realize that Scan Marine and instructions say to connect the Wallas stove/heater directly to the battery. You still need a fuse within the 7". I use a separate wire (positive and neg) properly sized to allow no more than 3% voltage drop with the start up load. I would wire and fuse for 15 amps, with a run of 30 feet for a 22. (the length is the round trip--not just one way between the battery and stove).

The one wire from the battery output post should go directly to a fuse block (Blue Seas # 5026, which is twelve outputs.) Often the boats come with a smaller fuse block and several wires off each terminal. Best practice is one off each terminal. Sometimes it pays to put in a second fuse block.

I put in a Victron monitor (702 to 712 or smart shunt) to monitor the house battery bank. I replace the main wire to the console, with one considerably larger: at least #10. Preferably #8 or #6.

Do you have a windlass? How is the circuit for that arranged? Maybe I missed the battery charger? I usually replace it with better model. What charger did your boat come with?

The VSR should be directly connected to the start battery and then the output directly to the house batteries. The VSR combines the house bank and start battery when the start battery reaches 13.7 Volts. It drops the house load at 12.7 Volts.

This is a start. I would label every wire you have both at end use (appliance or electronics) and origin.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
LJM

City/Region: Lynch Station
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2023
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, thanks for taking a look at my schematic and taking the time to comment.

Your questions are as follows:
1. Do you have two house batteries?
No only one and it’s the very reason I’ve taken this boat apart to discover how it’s wired. I want to add a second house battery. I’ll probably put it under the sink and wire it in parallel to the existing house battery.

2. What kind of switch do I have? It’s a 1,2,all (Blue Sea)

3. There is a 100 amp circuit breaker between the house battery and the load. Nothing between the starting battery and the engine.

4. If the stove instructions say to wire it to the battery then that why it was initially wired that way … I’ll change it back.

5. I want to add a Victron monitor… is the shunt connected to the negative buss? If so there are two… one behind the dash and one in the starboard battery box. Which did you connect to?

6. Yes this boat came with a windless with dash mounted controls. I’m wiring in a handheld controller to allow me to be near the anchor as it comes up or near the rope locker as needed.

7. The battery charger is a three bank 20 amp model.

Thanks again,
Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Documents All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: