Kars10

City/Region: Monroe
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lexi-Coho
Photos: Kars10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved from the Midwest to the PNW with a 17' SeaNymph bass boat in tow. I struggled to find an easy lake with good parking to fish and hang out until I discovered the Puget Sound! I put in the Everett Harbor and fell in love with the water. The boat was NOT meant for the Sound and my kids claimed I try to kill them every time we went out. Soaked to the bone and white knuckling every wave, I decided to look for a better boat. C-Dory's caught my eye, and I was hooked. I found this User Group and spent nights reading and becoming a super fan. I lost 3 or 4 offers because I was too slow to react. They went fast. One late Night someone posted they were selling everything, and I jumped on the chance. I took the next day off work and drove across the State to look at it. I got a sea trial in a near lake and went back to the house and said, "I'll take it!" The rest is history. This site has given me more knowledge and confidence to do work on the boat myself than anywhere else. Also, when I'm frustrated with the internet and life in general, I come here and hang out reading old posts and it gives me a sense of all is good in the world again. We aren't the fringes extremists; we are the middle grounded and strong.

Karsten Aagaard
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotnmarty wrote:
I love watching guys talk about the 16 footers as an entry level boat and then , over the years move up to 25s, and even to trawlers and then back to the 16 footer.

The first year we had our trawler, my wife asked me a few times when I was going to sell Limpet. We've only had it out about twice a year since. But she doesn't ask me about selling it anymore and it mostly just sits in my shop. She does ask when we can take it for a cruise again. Seems I may have influenced her such that she no longer believes a flush toilet is necessary for a great boating adventure. I'm not sure she would let me sell Limpet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I moved from the Midwest to the PNW with a 17' SeaNymph bass boat in tow.

for us it was a old 76 16ft starcraft with a side console and open bow. We used it on lake washington a few times but even that was risky. One day we are standing on the beach at edmonds watching a 6ft swell pound the beach and said to each other " we need a bigger boat" Moved up to a 19 ft closed bow starcraft with a wind shield and that was a lot better for running out of everett but not for over nighting in the san Juans.

I saw a cdory in a book about fishing. It was a old 22 angler that was open ( no cabin) . But that lead me to a 22 cruiser and I knew I wanted it . all most 20 years We have had a 22 and then a 27. All our best memorys are on boats.

DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:

I saw a cdory in a book about fishing. It was a old 22 angler that was open ( no cabin) . But that lead me to a 22 cruiser and I knew I wanted it .

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album2831&id=IMG_1665&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Saw and spoke to the owner of this boat a couple of years ago out of Newport, Or. Owner said that only 8 were ever built. It was fun to see this one in person.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: