View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject: Check your email address!!! Reply with quote

This is related to the "Big Changes Coming" post that describes upcoming site upgrades, but it's important enough to give it its own topic.

As mentioned in that post, there will undoubtedly be some bumps in the road doing a migration of this scale and magnitude. One of them just surfaced - passwords. Without using a bunch of nerd jargon, I'll keep it simple - your passwords will NOT survive the migration.

What this means: Upon your first visit to the new site, your login will fail. You will need to reset your password. This process is simple enough, but it depends on your account having a current, valid email account associated with it.

What you need to do now, so you'll be ready for the site upgrade: Click THIS LINK (or Profile in the upper right corner of any page) and verify the email address associated with your account is current. If it is - you're done. You'll be able to reset your password when the new site goes live.

If the email address shown in your profile is no longer valid, change it, enter your current password just below it and hit submit. That's it!

We're still a ways from going live with the new site, but significant progress has been made. I've seen a working demo with most of our content migrated. More updates coming soon!

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Will. I'm good. (Up to date anyway...) Colby
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Will - I was just getting used to ducking and dodging to peak around those adds! Laughing

One question I have wondered for a while - why does it say "Not secure" in the address header?

Keep up the good work.

Rob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: