The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

What Should I Know Before Buying a Boat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack@Ranch

City/Region: Babcock Ranch
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject: Refreshing this helpful threat... Reply with quote

So here we all are now, in 2023. And yet another new member has arrived, hoping to at least see a C=Dory while shopping for a seaworthy choice that is also trailerable and versatile. After reading this thread, one comment I see missing is that one doesn't have to choose between boats suitable for a marina berth, boat shed or trailer. A trailerable boat is my preference after purchase because I can work on her to make her more suitable to me while she's in a storage yard. Then a boat shed beckons because, here in 'cane country, there's a shed 6 miles away that is rated for a Cat 5 storm. Talk about boat hassles, I know of none more worrying than owning/cruising a boat that's also your home while in tropical storm regions. And for some periods of time - e.g. perched on FL's east coast with the goal of occasional runs over to Honeymoon Harbor in the Bahamas - a marina slip can beckon. Seems to me a small C Dory, Axopar, Nimbus or other trailerable boat can serve all these different needs.

We are now fresh recruits in the Ft. Myers area, keen to find the 'right' (5th) boat but hopelessly ignorant in powerboat matters as all the others were sailboats. So thanks for the welcome and for the forum to learn from, and for whatever other wisdom is dispensed here from which we will benefit. Glad to be aboard.

Jack
Babcock Ranch FL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: