The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Where to see a C-Dory 16 in New England?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfeboro

City/Region: Wolfeboro
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pilgrim
Photos: Wolfeboro
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject: Where to see a C-Dory 16 in New England? Reply with quote

My wife now shares my interest in a C-Dory 16 Angler or Cruiser. She’d like to see one. I’ve measured the clearance under the bridge between our lakes here in Wolfeboro, NH, and the clearance is ample. Now, where in New England does one find a C-Dory 16? Thanks for any recommendations. We just missed one on a dealer’s lot up in Meredith, NH. I know they’re relatively rare here in New England, but they’re out there somewhere.

Cheers,

—Rick
Moxieabs

City/Region: Cape Neddick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Widget
Photos: Widget
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time Y Landing Marine in Merideth, NH was a C-Dory dealer, although no longer a dealer they still might know of a 16 owner in the area.
Wolfeboro

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. They’re the ones who had listed a C-Dory Angler 16, but when I called today they said it had been sold. I’ll ask about others in use in the area.

—Rick
sunfishman

City/Region: Upstate
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Photos: 2004 16 Angler, $16,000 (Upstate NY)
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject: C dory 16 Reply with quote

Hi Wolfeboro. I live in Alton NH now and am a previous owner of a 16 Angler. I loved the boat but sold it some time back due to health problems in the family. I am in Wolfeboro several times a week and am quite familiar with the bridge underpass to the back bay and its docks. I now have a boat which easily fits under the bridge, but I seriously doubt you can fit under that bridge, especially now at close to full lake, please check further on that. There are several C Dories on the lake right now. There is a 16 docked in slip at Roberts Cove Marina currently that I believe is an island boat. You could drive in there and see it as soon as you drive in ( if it isnt at the island). Depending on your use, it could be a good boat for Winnipesaukee. I would not recommend it for any rough water use in the broads, but it is fine for around any of the protected islands. Great for fishing two plus a driver and great for island use in the rain. For me, the greatest shortcomings of the boat were very tight knee space in the seats, no standing headroom at 5foot 9,
and too hot underneath in the summer. Sold it to someone in Maryland who uses it as a photo shoot platform for his boat company. As mentioned, Y Landing is no longer a dealer, but he sold a lot of them to the island people at the north end. Feel free to contact via private email if you have any questions.
Kevin
Wolfeboro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin—

Thank you for a very helpful response! Fortunately, it is not Back Bay and its four-foot bridge I’m measuring. It’s the Whitten Neck Bridge over the Smith River between Lake Wentworth and Crescent Lake, where we have a beach and a mooring. I dropped a weighted tape measure from the bridge and climbed down the rock embankment yesterday and found almost seven feet of clearance. We had kept a pontoon boat on Crescent Lake, but I never measured the bridge. Now, with our kids grown and moved away, we’ve sold that “minivan of the seas” and are looking for a smaller boat for picnicking on Stamp Act Island, fishing, and some occasional trailer-sailing adventures on mild water. Years ago I had a seventeen-foot Bristol Skiff on Winnipesaukee, which convinced my wife that the shelter of the C-Dory would be important for our husband-and-wife voyages. I work at that church near Roberts Cove, so I’ll be sure to look there a.s.a.p. Again, many thanks for your help!

—Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: