The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

22 Cruiser top speed - with a used 75hp motor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murthog

City/Region: NANAIMO
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lu-C
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:35 am    Post subject: 22 Cruiser top speed - with a used 75hp motor Reply with quote

Just adding to the database. A 2009 75hp Yamaha, with over 850 hours shown, powered our 22' Cruiser - with a normal 2-person fishing load, to 26.9mph yesterday. Admittedly it was a perfect boating day off Nanaimo, BC.

I was considering a larger motor, but I'm OK now....
WCF

City/Region: Central
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the 75hp data:

Similar setup/weight with a 2006 Mercury 75 4-stroke (Standard model, carbs, Yamaha-made powerhead, 1.6L) consistently saw 32 MPH on GPS @5500 RPM with a 17 pitch 3 blade prop.

Acceleration and performance in strong currents improved when going to a new 115 with a 15P 4-blade, but the main difference is really just the noise level and fuel use.
murthog

City/Region: NANAIMO
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Lu-C
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject: More data... Reply with quote

I neglected to mention that the 75hp was a 4-stroke; and that this speed was at 4900 rpm.
Bennet trim tabs engaged.

The Yamaha manual says 5000-6000 rpm is WOT. I tried it at higher RPM, but that seemed to produce more noise and greater fuel use, but not significantly greater speed.

I have not identified the prop on mine yet but will do so as a new spare came with the boat and may be a different configuration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: